Twitch2DCS - Simple twitch chat UI inside DCS

@Breakshot if you mess up with twitch acc password (reset) or anything else you need to disconenct Twitch Chat OAuth Token Generator on your Twitch then authorise again and use new OUATH in DCS.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

@Breakshot if you mess up with twitch acc password (reset) or anything else you need to disconenct Twitch Chat OAuth Token Generator on your Twitch then authorise again and use new OUATH in DCS.

Ahh gotcha. I will try tonight.

Отправлено с моего STV100-2 через Tapatalk

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Quick note.  Possible unreliable or inconsistent bug...

...Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Twitch2DCS.lua"]:236: loop in gettable

I see this error upon starting DCS and it appears in the log.  I exit and restart DCS and I may not get the error the next time.
So completely random and I don't know of any way to create it on demand.
Just a heads up, or perhaps you know why this might appear?

• 4 months later...
On 4/18/2022 at 4:19 PM, IzeHouze said:

Quick note.  Possible unreliable or inconsistent bug...

...Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Twitch2DCS.lua"]:236: loop in gettable

I see this error upon starting DCS and it appears in the log.  I exit and restart DCS and I may not get the error the next time.
So completely random and I don't know of any way to create it on demand.
Just a heads up, or perhaps you know why this might appear?

I am getting the same thing, and unable to make the chat box appear.

• 2 months later...

I tried yesterday and appart of the same error, the twitch chat box appears and hide with hotkey.. BUT it doesn't show any msg from twitch. of course the key has the oAuth: before (or whatever is the word) because it is included in the key generation. And my user is just the name of the user.. not the full twitch adress... So I suppose it is broken because 2.8

Edit: I made it work. I pasted the key and an error appeared. I removed the *********** and pasted again and the error didn't appear this time. Exit DCS enter and now it is connected.

Edited by Japo32

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I'm facing some issues that I don't know if anyone has already pointed out. The thing is regardless of whether or not the Mod is enabled in the Special tab of the Options window, it's always on. And regardless or not the chat box is displayed, the box seems to block whatever is behind it, so for instance, I can't sort the server list by ping if the chat box is in the top left corner, because it's blocking it, again, regardless the status of the box (enabled/disabled/shown/hidden). Is there any fix to this or is it just the way to be?

Plan B: how do I uninstall this?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Jabbers_ ,
I'm not sure if this a bug, or how it is meant to be, but after I unlock the box, move it and re-lock it, the box stays in place, but after a DCS restart, the box moves back to the 0,0 position in the top left. 
I was under the impression that if you move it and lock it, it stays there, but it doesn't after a restart. Is this normal? If not, it looks like the options is not saving my new position.

If this is expected behaviour, how can I move it to the top right instead?

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Hey folks, does anyone has an idea how to change the message color? Can´t find anything on how to do it, only that it is possible.

thx in advance

have a good one!

https://www.twitch.tv/toastybank3nobi

beQuiet! Dark Base 700 | Ryzen 9 3900X | beQuiet! Silent Loop 2 | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Kingston FURY BEAST 128 GB DDR4-3200

AMD Reference RX 6700 XT 12 GB | Sabrent 2TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 | Roccat Isku |  Logitech G502 Hero | Razer Kraken Tournament Edt.

HOTAS Logitech X56 | PS3 Eyetoy (OpenTrack) | 1x Samsung S27B350 | 3x Samsung S24A650 | Steinberg UR242 | Marantz MPM1000 XLR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/4/2016 at 8:02 PM, Jabbers_ said:

Current Features

• Ability to use Multiplayer chat instead of Twitch chat. Using Multiplayer chat will only allow you to see twitch chat during multiplayer games.

Was this feature removed? It's still listed in the readme, but I'm not finding any references to it

• 3 weeks later...