476TTP 3-3.A10 Combat Aircraft Fundamentals - Public Release

Eddie

Recently decided to try DCS again after burning out on Falcon BMS and its toxic community and this is just what I need to get myself up to speed. Thanks Snoopy!

System Specs:

Corsair CX600 PSU, ASUS P8B75-M/CSM mobo, i7-3770 @ 3.9GHz, ASUS Strix GTX960 2GB @ 1300MHz running 358.91, 8GB DDR3, Dell E2715H 27" monitor, Windows 8.1

Sim Peripherals:

TrackIR 5, CH Fighterstick Pro, Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X (using the stock throttle, modified the stick to have a gear handle, flaps, and master arm switch), Logitech G13 for UFC and misc. cockpit functions

Yeah I'd echo Snoopy's remarks on not printing just yet, at least not if its going to be an issue to add updates down the line.

There is an extra page that crept in when the doc was exported to pdf and that'll be fixed in the next release. In the mean time if anyone does find and typos and the like please do let us know.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Another excellent resource from the 476th, as always.

Thanks a lot, I know how much effort has gone into producing this document. It shows what can be achieved when everyone works together.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

In the mean time if anyone does find and typos and the like please do let us know.
Oh, man. You guys have knocked it out of the park with this one. Seriously, this is a great resource.

As far as typos, etc., there aren't too many, considering the volume of information. I've documented a few below, after a quick once over. Keep in mind, I'm no grammar expert, nor am I a technical pub author. I may be far off base with my observations, and if anything I have noted below is incorrect, please accept my apologies.

Also note, all page numbers refer to the PDF reader paging, rather than the numbers on the document pages.

Punctuation

Page 16

2.2.1.3 Prioritizing Tasks

First paragraph, second sentence.

Extra punctuation (period).

Style (case)

Page 18

2.2.6 Mission Planning

Last item in list, NOTAMS - Consider NOTAMs instead.

Unsure of the word Notices, as it is obviously used in a plural manner.

Style

Entire document

Inconsistent usage of e.g.

Some instances use the American style (with a comma after the period), and others use the British style (no comma).

Punctuation

Page 32

2.8.2 Unusual Attitude Recovery

Second paragraph, first sentence.

An unusual attitude may be recognized by looking out the canopy; by observing the ADI; or by noting unusual or unexpected indications on the performance instruments.

Consider using commas instead of semi-colons.

Punctuation

Page 32

2.8.2 Unusual Attitude Recovery

Second paragraph, fourth sentence.

Crosscheck other sources of attitude information – standby attitude indicator; VVI; altimeter – to identify whether the aircraft is climbing or descending.

Consider using commas instead of semi-colons.

(Note semi-colons are the Devils' work, and I have never mastered it - or proper use of apostrophes for that matter, so I may be wrong, here.)

Formatting

Page 33

2.8.4 Instrument Flight Rule Departure

Inconsistent highlighted text.

Possibly a proofreading mark left in.

Formatting

Page 33

2.8.7 Point-to-Point

Formatting

Page 96

4.3 Aircraft Handling Characteristics

This one is most certainly awaiting further edits as the document is refined by the authors.

Formatting

Entire document

When referencing procedures within TO 1A-10C-476CL-1, 476th vFG A-10C Flight Crew Checklist, in the text, some headings/topics within said document are either underlined or not underlined.

Not Underlined example paragraph:

6.7.1 Post Air Refueling Checks

Underlined example paragraph:

2.9.2 Taxi-in and Shut Down

Consider choosing one format or the other.

Formatting

Entire document

Errant space before or after the forward slash

There a million forward slashes - ROFL. I gave up after finding 11 extra spaces.

Formatting

Page 65-66

3.5.1 Transitions

Inconsistent highlighted text. The highlight is light blue, and not reflected anywhere else in the document.

Spelling

Page 68

First paragraph, first sentence after Figure 3-19

you instead of your

Sorry, if I come across as pedantic.

• Like 2

Crowdsourcing ftw!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, if I come across as pedantic.

Not in the slightest, this type of feedback is very much appreciated. We actually have an internal thread that is essentially exactly the format you've reproduced here. We're really appreciative of the help! While everything may not be acknowledged individually, we're definitely reading!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A few more.

Spelling

Page 163

5.7.5.6 Pipper Track

Last sentence

toll-in instead of roll-in (unless we have to pay money for attacking, of course :) )

Punctuation

Page 172

5.8.5.1 RAP Errors

Last sentence

Missing period. ::clint::

Tense

Page 175

5.10.2.1 CCIP Rockets

Second paragraph

placed, instead of place

Spelling

Page 184

5.13.2 Employment

Second Paragraph, third sentence

TMS-AFL/LONG

Punctuation

Page 185

5.14.2 WCMD

Last sentence

Missing period. ::psyduck::

Spelling

Page 189

5.15.4.4 Dive Toss (DT)

First sentence

pup-up, instead of pop-up (or just pup?).

Edited by Panhead

I have a Kindle. Is this a doc I want on a tablet to ref while flying or something to download and study?

The Kindle is showing nothing at the download link, yet shows perfectly when going to the link from the computer.

I have a Kindle. Is this a doc I want on a tablet to ref while flying or something to download and study?

The Kindle is showing nothing at the download link, yet shows perfectly when going to the link from the computer.

Mine is on my ipad, easier for me to search quickly if I need to.

A lot of it you won't want while flying, it's more reference material. There are some tables and key bits that you might want. I've clipped a few key pages out into the tablet I use in-flight.

Great Work, Thankyou!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

i was waiting for this for a long time. thank you!

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

• 1 month later...

Yes but not in the short term working on our threat guide and NTTR stuff primarily at the moment. If you do print it out then you can always just replace individual pages as we add the few remaining images over time.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL