C-101 update

Vibora

Does everyone also check the pulse of their partner when they're asleep to ensure they are still alive?

How paranoid - expecting regular updates to be reassured the developers are still with us!

Just have a little faith and some patience. It may have slipped your notice that Aviodev, and all the other developers already have hundreds of hours of development time tied up in their projects. Why would they just walk away from all that investment?

Please Neil... We don't need more toxic threads here. You have shared your opinion and I have shared mine in another (locked) thread. No reason to go on and on about that.

All customers can't be as patient as you, so give them room to express their feelings within reason. I think there is a lot of sarcasm and disappointment, but I don't see any nasty comments towards Aviodev. Im sure the mods have their eyes on this section, and will step in if someone gets out of line.

On another note. I took the C-101 for a spin again. The cockpit still looks amazing and everything feels rather polished except for working radios and efm. Hope to hear more about the EFM for

C-101 and Mirage F1 soon.

• Like 1

Yes, I am with you Schmidtfire, no point in going over it again and again.

However, unless Aviodev say they have pulled out, then there is no reason to make assumptions, or jump to conclusions, that's the point I was making.

Apologies to anyone who took it the wrong way.

Please Neil... We don't need more toxic threads here. You have shared your opinion and I have shared mine in another (locked) thread. No reason to go on and on about that.

All customers can't be as patient as you, so give them room to express their feelings within reason. I think there is a lot of sarcasm and disappointment, but I don't see any nasty comments towards Aviodev. Im sure the mods have their eyes on this section, and will step in if someone gets out of line.

On another note. I took the C-101 for a spin again. The cockpit still looks amazing and everything feels rather polished except for working radios and efm. Hope to hear more about the EFM for

C-101 and Mirage F1 soon.

+1

this agressivity towards other forumers emitting different opinion than him is frustrating.

+1

this agressivity towards other forumers emitting different opinion than him is frustrating.

Aggressive? How do you interpret irony as aggression? Simply because someone takes a stance against a lot of the nonsense that is bandies around on the forum doesn't make any of my comments aggressive.

I am sorry you feel that way TomCatMucDe, but I can promise you I have never taken any kind of aggressive attitude towards anyone on the forum. Please don't misinterpret things that way.

NeilWillis, I have to admit you come across pretty aggressive quite often. Please try to understand that your posts are seen this way, even if it isn't your intention.

Also please understand that your opinion (almost one and a half year waiting for something you paid for is not an issue, with not too much info on its status) is respected but not shared by everyone.

Some people are very patient, some aren't. Some get frustrated, some manage to stay positive.

We care about Aviodev, which is why we post here.

Hence the apology a few posts back to all those that misinterpret my tone Aginor.

However, my tone comes across exactly as it was written, and to read aggression into ANY of my posts is unreasonable. Just read the words, and interpret them, and don't add subtext that simply don't exist, and we'll all get along better, don't you agree?

• Like 1

One of my favorite back-to-topic questions would be: What's the ETA for the EFM? :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

@NeilWillis: I don't know what to say, really. Even though it might be, as you say, unreasonable to interpret your words as aggressive that's what people feel when they read your words. Sometimes the finer aspects of language are lost in texts, especially as a non-native english speaker.

@rrhode:

Yeah, a rough ETA would be nice. Or at least the answer to whether we are close or not. And I'd like to repeat my earlier statement: Better a crappy EFM than the SFM. Aviodev, you will get SO many testers it will be much easier to fix the remaining stuff. It worked very well for Razbam, and it will also work for you.

• Like 1

Better a crappy EFM than the SFM.

Indeed. It's a shame that we're so spoiled with PFMs, AFMs, and EFMs these days that one rather would "shelve" a module with SFM, instead of using it at all.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Well, I wouldn't exactly say we are "spoiled".

...Ok, perhaps a little. About the same way I'd say we are spoiled by having clean drinking water or electricity all day. :D

For me the main reasons for finally ditching the SFM are the awful ground handling and the missing functionality that the SFM causes (like no toe brakes or parking brakes, some weirdness with the damage model, like flying around with wings missing, and quite a list of other things that developers can't do anything about while using the SFM).

(that being said: I do fly the C-101 sometimes. But with teh SFM it is quite meh)

@NeilWillis: I don't know what to say, really. Even though it might be, as you say, unreasonable to interpret your words as aggressive that's what people feel when they read your words. Sometimes the finer aspects of language are lost in texts, especially as a non-native english speaker.

I do appreciate that Aginor, and I do try to keep things plain and simple. All I can say is that I am a responsible, and I hope, reasonable soul, as I know the vast vast majority of contributors are. The lesson to be learned here is that we should just take things we read on the forum in the right context, without attaching any emotions to them either good or bad.

If we choose not to take offence as a matter of course, then the issue goes away, wouldn't you agree?

And honestly, as someone who buys every module released on day 1, I do sympathise with people's impatience. No one will be more pleased to see news, or releases and updates than I, but having seen the development progress on every release since the P-51D, I think we need to be a little more circumspect.

The assumption that we're entitled to anything but a long wait is terribly optimistic.

But yeah, can we have more of everything soon?

Does everyone also check the pulse of their partner when they're asleep to ensure they are still alive?

How paranoid - expecting regular updates to be reassured the developers are still with us!

Just have a little faith and some patience. It may have slipped your notice that Aviodev, and all the other developers already have hundreds of hours of development time tied up in their projects. Why would they just walk away from all that investment?

:notify: whot ? They should be working, not sleeping right now. since we don't know if they're sleeping or working, we check the pulse. :lol:

And we DO have the right to be notified regularly, because most of the people here already paid for the module, they deserve to know what's going on.

my 2 cents.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys!

Any info about your progress that you'd like to share with us? :)

From FacebooK:

"Lot of work in the background during the past weeks, merging and restructuring the code from C-101 EB and CC. This step has been mandatory in order to be able to implement the multi crew in the C-101. Even when we had to spent a lot of time doing this task, it's a feature we didn't want to loose in C-101 project."

We've fixed several bugs that will be corrected in next update. We've been working on radios, rear cockpit implementation, CC weapons and sight, several other items with 3D models, textures, localization issues and other general issues, plus BTW we have completed the C-101CC Flight Manual, that is, the C-101 Flight Manual Annex I.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png