Vehicle Upgrade Pack 1 for DCS:World

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:doh: OMG !!!

Can't imagine the unthinkable ?

Sorry man but you are so wrong :smilewink:

What can we do, all we have are the older .edm format files, and as far as I understood we needed the original source 3dmax files so that they could be re-imported and re-exported in 3dmax using the latest plug ins.

I know nothing about 3dmax, and do not have the software.

Can you do it without those ? Would you be willing to do so if it can be done ?

I have the software I can try to re import it and re export it...Anyone have the files need to do that.

As said before, we do not have the source .3ds files so it can't be done. .fbx or a blender format would also work to re-export the files but right now, we do not have these files...

importing .EDM does not work afaik.

nooo, you are -hopefully- wrong. . .

but another sad story: it was lilkiki. . . rip!

Yes you are right Beczl disapeared during the MiG-21 trouble, I mixed them, sorry. I hope you get in contact with Beczl and get the original files or some answers. :thumbup:

Lilkiki and I corresponded at length and I took on his Mistral Mod and finished it off for him after he 'crossed the bar', with his permission of course. Really nice guy, much missed by all of us who new him and worked with him on different things.

I also spoke with Beczl a lot at that time and converted this LFC2 Vehicle Mod to work in 1.5.2, again with his full permission. Unfortunately things happened and he stopped doing what he did so wonderfully well for this Sim, and we are all the worse off for it.

I have tried to contact him several times over the last 2 years to no avail, so sadly I doubt we will ever get the 3dmax files to update this wonderful mod, sorry guys but that is how it is, if he does not want to respond I cannot make him, and I will not harass him unreasonably.

• 2 weeks later...

German Airfield Vehicles

As a substitute .. I found this page with german trucks, but still havn't got the knowlegde to convert them to DCS-Modells. Author explicitly wants his models to be converted to other games: "Ich wuerde mich freuen, wenn das Modell in anderen Games als Customer-addon auftauchen wuerde."

https://bb-mapping-designs.de/community/include.php?path=contentarchive&type=4

Hallo zusammen, kann irgend jemand diese Modelle konvertieren?

Hi, can anyone convert these models?
Do we have permission to release these?

If so.............

Prepare for a onslaught of........

Whatever we find!

I will go take a look.......

Pics soon..........

Please note, this in no way represents what this will look like.

I picked one at random and only applied a few textures just to see what was on offer.

I think these are going to be wonderful.

If we get permission...........

Jupiter%20Lars.jpg?dl=1

Very cool!

Thanks!

Edited by Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

You have the persmission already: "Ich wuerde mich freuen, wenn das Modell in anderen Games als Customer-addon auftauchen wuerde." means: I would be happy if the model in other games as customer-addon would appear.:)

He also wrote: I would be happy if in case of a further use, however a note would be send to me. I would be particularly pleased if on my page \ "www.bb-mapping-designs.de " screen-shots would pe posted.

You have the persmission already: "Ich wuerde mich freuen, wenn das Modell in anderen Games als Customer-addon auftauchen wuerde." means: I would be happy if the model in other games as customer-addon would appear.smile.gif

He also wrote: I would be happy if in case of a further use, however a note would be send to me. I would be particularly pleased if on my page \ "www.bb-mapping-designs.de " screen-shots would pe posted.

Very well.

We will honor those requests.

Are there any members who would like to help?

I could use someone with animation skills.

I can build the basic models, texture them, and send them for animation.

All the lua code I will do.

If interested, please pm me.

All the static objects I will start on.

Have patience please.

There is a Saipan mod I need to finish first..............:D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 1 month later...

Bemme where did you take that Pantsir screenshot from?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 1 year later...

Hello all you modders out there,

unfortunably i have no idea how to convert those models for using in DCS.

Waht we have is

1.) lots of real good airfield ground models,

2.) the permission to convert them for DCS and ...

3.) no one to do so? :(

Please, if you know somewone to do so, forward the link.

https://bb-mapping-designs.de/communit/include.php?path=contentarchive&type=4

Again, the authors explicitly wants his models to be converted to other games - he just wants to be named.:thumbup:

DCS being a sandbox ive never understood why 95% of these mods were never put in the base game, Then models above would be great in game.

Yes, its too bad when nice mod like this dies. The beczl vehicle pack was awesome. It wil be great if we can see it in base game.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..