Twitch2DCS - Simple twitch chat UI inside DCS

Yes i know but for others it is already working. I just wanted to share the information how the problem looks like for me.

I'll assume that he'll keep a "legacy build" that supports older versions of DCS. But it is 100% not working with the new DCS versions, they must be running older versions of the sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to fixing this

https://github.com/jeffboulanger/twitch2dcs/releases/tag/v1.0.3-beta

Enjoy... i need some aspirin.

7f77546945f948560cdc26b12b99d5ccd390c2e39d2849d3423ae7608dac066a.jpg

Edited by Jabbers_

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Thank you so much, the tool is so handy.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Great stuff just in time for it to break when 2.5 releases ;)

In theory, the update that broke it was in prep for 2.5, i dont think it will break again, I'm hoping to be able to test it before wednesday tho... life getting in the way right now though.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

Awesome tool! Works great in 2.5. Is it possible to make it so the text fades out after a period, say a few minutes? It's a little weird to have one person's comment up for an entire stream.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Awesome tool! Works great in 2.5. Is it possible to make it so the text fades out after a period, say a few minutes? It's a little weird to have one person's comment up for an entire stream.

I toyed with this, was really annoying, especially if you missed the comment. I just bound a key throgh joytokey to my hotas to open close it.

Do you also have the cursor arrow almost always present ?

Never experienced this.

Installed the latest version and getting both the "module" icon and tab in settings but my page is completely blank in settings? 2.5 bug?

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

It's possible its not installed properly, if you can send me in a PM your dcs.log I can try to help. Or hit me up on discord, link is in my signature.

• 2 weeks later...

On the attached screenshot you can see the basic cursor that never disappear even when the DCS cross is hidden.

Screen_180219_133132.thumb.png.22ac30482e3374f2b8b4f57857b6be72.png

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Twitch chat backend uses IRC (Internet Relay Chat), but all other services use some form of HTTP chat. IRC is simple to read via LUA, HTTP isn't (I asked Jabbers the same question a while back as I stream on Mixer, but I can't stream DCS there for this exact reason).

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Salsam ya sorry, http just requires a bit more work then I want to put into this right now. With the addition of the Core 2 stuff Oculus just put out, it kind of negates a reason for this project, as you can have any window from your desktop you want now visible in game

• 2 weeks later...
@Salsam ya sorry, http just requires a bit more work then I want to put into this right now. With the addition of the Core 2 stuff Oculus just put out, it kind of negates a reason for this project, as you can have any window from your desktop you want now visible in game

Well, for those few of us still under Win7, Core is not really useable, and twitch2dcs is very usefull

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

• 5 months later...

The instructions say to edit a file that does not exist. ""Config/Twitch2DCSConfig.lua""

It isnt in the Package to install either.

I am running DCS 2.5.2.20601 and Twitch2DCS version Twitch2DCS v1.0.3-beta.

Errors recieved when loading into DCS are:

[string "C:\Users\OzDeaDMeaT\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Twitch2DCS.lua"]:236: loop in gettable

[string "C:\Users\OzDeaDMeaT\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\twitch\server.lua"]:69: calling 'receive' on bad self (tcp{client} expected, got userdata)

CPU: i9-12900K @ 4.9Ghz

M/B: MSI MEG z690 Ace

RAM: 128GB

Video Card: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X

VR: Varjo Aero

The instructions say to edit a file that does not exist. ""Config/Twitch2DCSConfig.lua""

It isnt in the Package to install either.

I am running DCS 2.5.2.20601 and Twitch2DCS version Twitch2DCS v1.0.3-beta.

Errors recieved when loading into DCS are:

[string "C:\Users\OzDeaDMeaT\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Twitch2DCS.lua"]:236: loop in gettable

[string "C:\Users\OzDeaDMeaT\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\twitch\server.lua"]:69: calling 'receive' on bad self (tcp{client} expected, got userdata)

Update, i think i found out why it did not work..

I ofcourse had to unzip it and I did that correctly, and i also ingame under the settings special tab enter my twitch name and code.

However I did something wrong with the code.

You have to

I am having a similar problem.. I unzipped the zip file.

But i also cannot find the file.

Instead i start dcs and go to option and press special and there i enter my twitch name and stream code.

In step 2 i say

Start DCS and go to Options -> Special -> Twitch2DCS and input your username and Twitch oauth key from TwitchApps.com make sure you include the "oauth:" text. (You may need to restart DCS after this)

After i visit the website and enter my twich stream code and generate the require new code then i did not longer get the below error code on my screen..

-------------previous text ---------------

When i start dcs i vr i see the chat message but it do not relay the chat from my stream ( exampple if i write test then it do not see test ingame )

I only see the twitch UI in the top left corner.

I get this error in the main menu of dcs

[string "C:\Users\your-name\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Twitch2DCS.lua"]:236: loop in gettable

maybe i did something wrong :)

Edited by delevero