Mouse Scroll Problems

Hello all,

I've searched the forums and can't seem to find anyone else asking about this... which makes me think I'm doing something stupid.

Recently, in Open Beta, when I try to use my mouse scroll wheel to adjust something like a TACAN frequency, the numbers jump around so much that I simply can't get them set at all. Or like when you try to set a radio freq. Oddly, I can seem to adjust a heading dial just fine... but I did see tonight that I had a hard time adjusting the artificial horizon...

I thought it was my mouse, so I switched to another one (both Microsoft smooth scrolling mice) and thought perhaps I had nailed it, but alas, today when flying in an A-10C, I tried to scroll through the TACAN freqs and it would again jump around so much that I have a really hard time setting the value.

Anyone else have this issue? I had just moved my flight rig to another location in the house and when I did that, I started using this new mouse... so, perhaps its simply that the Microsoft smooth scrolling mouse has an issue. I'll try switching back to my logitech and see what happens.

Thanks,

Cru

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so for anyone else who may have had this problem... I switched from my Microsoft (wireless mobile mouse 4000) with a smooth scrolling wheel to another mouse I had that was not 'smooth scrolling', a Logitech. I went in and tried to adjust radio and tacan via scrolling on various knobs and the problem went away.

So, FWIW, I think ED might want to consider taking a look at this, but for me, I'm fine using my Logitech and its non-smooth scrolling.

-Cru