webcam only shows purple and green

Here is what happened to me:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-only-shows-purple-and-green/1e60a9b1-2a64-4c89-9e89-d63a39f85485plus

In case the link doesn't work:

Hello everybody.

I use my Trust 16428 webcam with the Opentrack head tracker to play a flight simulator, on Windows 8.1.

Yesterday evening the cam only showed purple and green, both in the head tracker software and in the Windows Camera app. So I tried to disconnect it and reconnect it, I rebooted the PC, I disinstalled the driver and reinstalled it and the problem was not solved. Therefore, I connected it to another computer, still running on Windows 8.1, to check whether it was the webcam or the PC and it worked properly. I then reconnected it to the problematic PC and it worked again.

This evening it still showed me only purple and green. I connected it to the other computer and it still worked properly; I reconnected it to the problematic PC and it doesn't work anymore.

I hadn't updated anything before it started giving me problems: all of a sudden, it has started to do that.

Any suggestions?

plus some updates and further info:

I've also updated Windows, the GPU driver and got the latest version of Opentrack, with no success.

When I get the green/purple video, the refresh rate of the camera in Opentrack is 5 Hz, whereas in the same lightning conditions I usually get 20 - 30 Hz.

This evening I started the computer and the camera worked with Windows Camera. Then I started Opentrack and the image gradually started to get purple and green and then it became completely like that! :helpsmilie:

UPDATE: IT WAS THE WEBCAM

I've tried to use it again with the other comuputer and this time it was faulty. I've borrowed another webcam and the tracker works with it and this one works properly in general.

Besides, sorry for having posted it here: on a second thought, I should have posted it in the Input and Output section of the forum.

Edited by BlackLightning
update

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer