F-15C drive straight for the love of GOD!

Just started messing around with the F-15C and I can't do a "normal takeoff to save my a**.

I have a button bound to the nose wheel steering, but seems no combo of pressing it, holding or toggling it will keep me from completely losing control headed down he runway. I usually just resort to full throttle, pull back on the stick and pray while taking of at a 45* angle.

It's so embarrassing, I've killed my AI wing man half the time. :blink:

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Bring up he controls display and see if anything is moving that shouldn't be, and if so fix up your controls.

Leave the NWS alone, in the F-15 it operates automatically.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

inb4 you only have one engine lit because you tried to turn them both on at the same time

NAh, started on runway... Instant Action/Take Off

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

Bring up he controls display and see if anything is moving that shouldn't be, and if so fix up your controls.

Leave the NWS alone, in the F-15 it operates automatically.

That helped a little, but it still wants to pull ( starting right) then it's a wild rodeo of over corrections:joystick:

--Arthur C Clark

Ok, are your controls doing what they're supposed to? Is there crosswind? If the latter is true, don't step on the rudder so hard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ok, are your controls doing what they're supposed to? Is there crosswind? If the latter is true, don't step on the rudder so hard.

Controls are on the cheap side...(TM T.Flight HOTAS4) so 've had to dial in a bit of deadzone to stop the janky, random nose dives and roll outs. Maybe I just deal with it until I can get a better control setup. (Cheap ain't good, and Good ain't cheap)

I don't have pedals, so I use the twist on the flight stick for rudder.

Edit: update

I just killed 2 birds with one stone.

I locked out the stick twist action with the set screw, and mapped rudder to the slider (paddle?) on the throttle and found a good curve setting for it. Now the jerky stick play is gone. It's nice to be able to maintain level/trimmed flight now.

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

It's a common problem to have control axes cross linked between multiple input devices. i.e. your throttle controlling rudders and your stick controlling throttle and other type of stupid things.

I'm rather mind blown that this is still a recurring problem with the default controller setups after the game has been around for over a decade.

Edit: update

I just killed 2 birds with one stone.

I locked out the stick twist action with the set screw, and mapped rudder to the slider (paddle?) on the throttle and found a good curve setting for it. Now the jerky stick play is gone. It's nice to be able to maintain level/trimmed flight now.

Good deal. That's what the control display is for in-game, you can bring it up during flight to see what your controls are doing. It's great for diagnostics and also great for learning how to fly if someone posts video with the control display up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's a common problem to have control axes cross linked between multiple input devices. i.e. your throttle controlling rudders and your stick controlling throttle and other type of stupid things.

I'm rather mind blown that this is still a recurring problem with the default controller setups after the game has been around for over a decade.

Mine was like that at first, soon as I selected the F15 the first time... there were several cross bindings. Made worse by the fact I also use a Playstation DS4 controller for weapons and other functions.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=280402

But, I made sure to clear those columns before I even start mapping controls.

I usually map them while following along with a Cap (Grim Reaper) video and tweak from there.

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

I used to have HOTAS X. With rudder paddle on the throttle and some 40-50 curve it was smooth on take offs.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria