Progress pictures on the Eurofighter Typhoon

DashTrueGrit

Hi guys,

thank you for being patient. I have some good news for you today.

The IRIS-T is CONFIRMED for the Eurofighter Typhoon in DCS!

Check out the pictures and enjoy your Sunday.

Dash

Thanks a lot for sharing this piece of info and the pics on the forums, unlike some other 3rd party devs who require you to get into facebook for that! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

An interesting random little detail about the IRIS-T is, that the missile contains a data base with pictures of the most common adversary aircraft, taken from various angles. The missiles uses this database to aim for the most vulnerable parts of the aircraft, of which up to 8 of them are stored in that data base.

I don't think the DCS IRIS-T will simulate that feature though :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi guys,

Dash

Thanks for sharing :thumbup: I'm looking forward to fly this beauty! :joystick::D

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Hi guys,

Dash

This jet is going to be an absolute killer, mate. Love it.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

It comes down to the fact that if you're going to implement any technology in a complex machine, that technology needs to be tested over and over again, and as a result it much older than you would think.

For example, the processors that fly on current satellites are designs that date back ~20ish years, because if you're going to put a thing in space you really, really need to know everything about it. I imagine with fighters something similar happens.

I've read that the EF has some Motorola 68020s for the FCS. Those were in the Amiga 1200 almost 30 years ago...

And I remember the NASA trying to acquire some old 8086s for the Space Shuttles in the last few years they still were operated.

So yes, it's quite common to rely on things that have been there for a while.

Eurofigter is a beauty smile.gif

I wouldn't go that far lol.gif

pilotfly.gif

Not as fat as a certain Amy though icon_redface.gif

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

It's an infrared guided missile, it has a chance to go for a flare. Even the AIM-9X, in its real-world combat debut against a Su-22 in 2017 took a flare and missed. If there is more than one intense source of heat, even with modern IRCCM, there is a possibility the missile will go after something other than its intended target.

that is a myth that comes from a claim made by CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/21/politics/us-syria-russia-dogfight/index.html

The actual publicized debrief the pilot never said anything about the Su22 flaring in response to the missile being launched . It never did. the pilot noted the The Aim9X launched was a shot off the rails and disappeared, so the pilot quickly switch to the aim120. It was most likely a malfunction.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/14344/heres-the-definitive-account-of-the-syrian-su-22-shoot-down-from-the-pilots-themselves

Missiles can fail IRL, but thats a totally different matter in DCS we dont have random failures.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Hi guys,

Dash

It's well worth to indeed, please believe me on that.

Thanks for keeping us updated, and have a nice weekend you all there!

With best regards.

• 2 weeks later...

NEW PROGRESS PICTURES

Good morning guys,

I have some new progress pictures for you! The cockpit is coming along nicely, Fragger is doing a great job.

Also, make sure to start stretching your neck for those dogfights! :thumbup:

Dash

Airbus_EF2000_SS.thumb.jpg.11938af7fc816dffe6e8e8cb77ff9751.jpg

IMG_4072.thumb.JPG.d554723dd81537f7e0603383de414ca6.JPG

IMG_4073.thumb.JPG.dd7d1e0eb8521269e7085e9d4bbe669b.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good morning guys,

I have some new progress pictures for you! The cockpit is coming along nicely, Fragger is doing a great job.

Dash

nice pictures :)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Good morning guys,

Also, make sure to start stretching your neck for those dogfights!

Dash

A very good morning too to you sir.

Nice eye candies for an early morning like this.

The hype is getting more tense now.

Thank you.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Thanks for sharing. I love them.

I will throw some opinion that i have with this module so far(i know i know is too soon) , dont know what you guys think. For me the 3D on the cockpit (the one i care more about actually) is superb and photorealistic, which makes me anxious!

On the other hand the external 3d model seems a bit off. I dont know what it is, maybe textures maybe some part of the fuselage... , but it does not seem perfect or its like it seems cartonish. I hope its a case of my mind playing me tricks or just a WIP external model.

In any case! God i'm so looking for to this plane, keep up the work guys! I will buy it without a doubt.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. I love them.

I will throw some opinion that i have with this module so far(i know i know is too soon) , dont know what you guys think. For me the 3D on the cockpit (the one i care more about actually) is superb and photorealistic, which makes me anxious!

On the other hand the external 3d model seems a bit off. I dont know what it is, maybe textures maybe some part of the fuselage... , but it does not seem perfect or its like it seems cartonish. I hope its a case of my mind playing me tricks or just a WIP external model.

In any case! God i'm so looking for to this plane, keep up the work guys! I will buy it without a doubt.

Every now and then this resurfaces.... :)

It was stated multiple times that the external model is just a place-holder.

As you say the internals are superb...I guess that when they will finish the cockpit then the external model will be improved if not re-done from scratch

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Good morning guys,

Dash

Very nice, keep them coming! :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Every now and then this resurfaces.... :)

It was stated multiple times that the external model is just a place-holder.

As you say the internals are superb...I guess that when they will finish the cockpit then the external model will be improved if not re-done from scratch

Ok! I was not aware of that. Great to hear.

• 2 weeks later...
Good morning guys,

Dash

The second Picture shows the Typhoon-Helmet or Striker II by BAE Systems to be exact. Does this indicate that we might get confirmation on the Striker II helmet? If so I am very happy and can say, that it is better for REDFOR to stay on ground. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lt. Mark "MKev" P. - Callsign: Rhino

Military Flight History: Falcon 4.0, Falcon BMS, IL-2 & DCS

Streaming with passion: MilSim, Survival and more...

MKev_Gaming - "Gaming is my religion"

• 1 month later...
Any news?

You didn't get the super secret news update? it is encrypted via dev nul

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

You didn't get the super secret news update? it is encrypted via dev nul

Probably he uses windows...but otherwise he can type “sudo rm -r -f /“ in the Linux terminal and get the message

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

you look like the funny guy in the group

i dont indulge myself often ...