L-39 Training missions voices in russian

Tarres

I read the subtitles no matter what language is being spoke.

because in a noisy aircraft I don't want to miss anything.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

• 1 month later...
I always prefer to get native voices to help immersion, even if I don't understand a single word in russian.

That is a remarkable point of view, I assume for understanding you sleep with the Russian language version of the Flight Manual under your pillow. :smilewink:

I thought the use of voices was to impart information, I'm sure youtube has lots of patriotic soviet music for immersion.

до свидания Tоварищ

I totally forgot about this... when I bought it, I probably did the missions once, but I can't remember anything about them anymore, feels like I never flew this thing at all, just remember the cockpit layout very roughly. Didn't even touch the ZA... It definately makes it hard to understand, and the tiny font doesn't make it any better. But worst of all, I don't hear that guy saying "А ну, чики-брики и в дамки!" rdlaugh.png

Edit: Tried to go further... after the second (pattern) mission got stuck right after take off (I did what the instructor said, but nothing happened), I thought I wouldn't need to do a pattern, I want to learn how to fly this aircraft. So I went to the 3rd mission with RSBN navigation. All went fine, didn't encounter any problems with that hood down since I was heads down anyway and couldn't see outside even with it open as I had wo watch the gauges. Then came the moment where he told me to switch RSBN to glideslope, but the mission didn't show me where to do that - had to pause and check the manual. Got the slope, so I could do that. But then, when I was instructed to switch it to landing, and so I did, the RSBN thing went dead. No glideslope or landing cues whatsoever, even the course needle jammed as well as the range indicator. On the RSBN panel the two green lights went out as well. Landing channel was set to 22 correctly (as per default in that mission). Couldn't even verify my position via F10 and outside, everything was absolutely dark'n'dank. Couldn't make out the field. But then I switched it back to glideslope, so it redirected me at least, just for me to find out the field having no lights. thought this was the good old deffered shading bug of 2.5 that still might not be fixed yet. In cockpit I wasn't able to see s#!t, but in F2 I could guide my plane down safely like a RC model. Absolutely great that in low vis conditions while you could still see something in externals, from the cockpit view it's completely pitch black (not just an L-39 issue, it's like that in all planes, HUD glasses, especially tinted ones make it even worse). So yeah, I landed her in F2 view, just to see that when I stopped the field switched their bucking lights on. Lesson learnt: RSBN landing mode didn't work (and I couldn't find out what I did wrong by reading the corresponding parts in the manual) and the field operators had nothing better to do than let me hang in the dark princess_luna.png

PS: One big problem is that all the vital gauges are basically just directly in front of your balls and you'll have to look down 45-60° to actually see them on a screen. Looking outside at the same time is absolutely impossible. But I've seen that in the MiG-21 already, must be the General Russian cockpit design (well, the Czechs adopted it) dealwithit.png - I guess that'll be a lot easier in VR... or maybe I should pivot my screen and try if DCS supports 1200x1920 resolution rdlaugh.png

I guess I'll just go on with the weapons training stuff, map the other L-39 again and do her's as well and support that with some tutorials by John and some others who probably did a good job creating them pinkie-approved.png

After all DCS is all about not giving up if something doesn't work out right twilightsmile.png

PS: The fact that tooltips on cockpit things are hardcoded to disabled in the training missions doesn't make it any easier. I want to stick to the original cockpit labels and learn at least a tiny bit of Russian there. Just doesn't look right with English labels, that's what tooltips are there for.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a good surprise. The subtitles are difficult to read for me. On the other hand, the manual is quite good so I am learning only with it and leave aside the training modules.

The product page says Kursant vocieover is in English. I hope it is the case !

Dominique

Dominique

• 5 months later...

The L-39 was until recently the primary trainer used in Russian air force, so its totally correct to have Russian voiceover in the mission. We already have too much focus on western planes and procedures in the sim, eastern needs all the love it can get. Not everyone likes to fly the western birds. Does the f-18 or f-16s have Russian voiceovers?

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

• 4 weeks later...
The L-39 was until recently the primary trainer used in Russian air force, so its totally correct to have Russian voiceover in the mission. We already have too much focus on western planes and procedures in the sim, eastern needs all the love it can get. Not everyone likes to fly the western birds. Does the f-18 or f-16s have Russian voiceovers?

And that is absolutely okay. However, there should be an option to have the English voiceover.

F16 and F18 with Russian voice over would do good for those who speak russian, but still, there would be english there, right?

The majority are english speaker, and i'm new DCS as you can see... learning an airplane, and DCS shortcuts and commands, and reading text, while listening to something I don't understand.... too much.

So yea.. an English option is requested for those of us who are new comers and non russian speakers.

DCS World Open Beta:

F/A-18C | F16C | A-10C | AV-8B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | F-5E II | L-39 | F15C | SU-33 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Gazelle | KA-50 | Spitfire | 109 Kurfurst | Supercarrier | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Nevada TTR | and about $50 remaining in bank savings account

• 2 weeks later...

The more I thought about it last night, the more it bugged me, so I've started recording voiceovers from a free TTS site for the training missions. I did try with my own voice, but I just can't handle listening to myself give me instructions in the third person!

The first training mission has been uploaded to the user files section and is awaiting admin approval, and I've just finished recording the lines for the second mission. I'll work on them as time allows and update the thread when they're ready.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And that is absolutely okay. However, there should be an option to have the English voiceover.

F16 and F18 with Russian voice over would do good for those who speak russian, but still, there would be english there, right?

The majority are english speaker, and i'm new DCS as you can see... learning an airplane, and DCS shortcuts and commands, and reading text, while listening to something I don't understand.... too much.

So yea.. an English option is requested for those of us who are new comers and non russian speakers.

You make a good case and i tend to agree, i stand corrected sir.

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

Here's the first mission;

L39-Training-1-Start-Taxi-TO

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everybody. I would like the instructions in English as well. As I want to learn the procedures to fly the plane I go over the training steps over and over again. After a while I have learnt what is required. At that point I can turn the volume down to nothing, and look at the text on the screen. I don't have good eyesight either, the text is so small that it is very hard to read. As at this point I have gone through the training mission dozens of times. I look at the small text and I know what it says. I read it aloud IN ENGLISH. I find this is great. A lot of work, but that's what it takes to learn the plane, Learn to fly the plane instead of paying $500,000 for the real thing. Make the best of what you have got and enjoy the game Regards Adrie

• 2 years later...

I'm flying it and I plan to fly it more, no problem there, but sure, it is annoying. I also use Pause a lot (not active one) to keep the titles there longer to read them, at least for the first few runs of a new mission. It's annoying, definitely. Very.

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Channel 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

Hello,

Inspired on the work done by @Highwayman-Ed, I added english voiceovers to all eight training missions of the L-39, you can get it here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3324732/

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB