Spitfire wings to weak

Hi, I have notice since last fews updates that spitfire's wings become more and more weak.

First I want to share 2 scenarios :

• 1st scenario: you get hit by a 30 mm on your wing, you have really big holes, you can see your wheel through etc ..

• 2nd scenario: you get small hit on your wing, you have only small impact, you see some little tiny impact, (not hole, only impacts)

--> all the scenarios are in low speed

before, when you are in the 1st scenario, if you put to much G on the damaged wing, the wins rip off (even in low speed), it's kind of normal to me, and

if you are in 2nd scenario, you can put much G as you want, your wing won't rip off (even in low speed).

Now, and since few last updates, even if you are in 2nd scenario, your wing now rip off if you put to much G on it (even in low speed).

It's not happening all the thime, but to often. And because it happens not all the time I'm wondering if it's a visual bug, which is we see small impact but they have property of really big hole, or it's not a visual bug and now small impact inherited now the property of big impact.

This new damage (when small impact) reduce the survival change of the spit as the only strength of this plane its his maneuverability againt the speed of german planes. Now if we can't turn as we used before it's begin to be more difficult to stay alive.

Edited by McPetterson

sounds to me like they fixed something, and i'm not being ironic ...

your speed might have an effect on the g you can pull, but the function of stress is still constant, e.g. for a given amount of damage it can stand a given amount of stress before failure it "speed" shouldn't itself be a significant factor? 5g at 200 knots or 5g at 100 knots the wing still has 5 times more stress applied to it than it was ...or am i missing something?

there is a separate question; which is given an amount of damage that could cause s structural failure should it be visible? But i suspect that kind of get answered by the new damage model as a whole.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Speed,

I agree that it sounds from McPetterson's description that something has been "fixed". I'm not sure you have the explanation right...G is G, regardless of speed. It's easier to generate, say 5 G at higher speed, but there's no difference between 5 G at 300 knots and 5 G at 200 knots.

G is a function of gravity (obviously) and centrifugal force, not speed. The faster the airplane is moving, the more lift the wings generate, which allows you to generate more G in a turn.

NineLine has said several times that the new damage model is still a work in progress, and this seems like a manifestation of the partial application of the new DM.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Speed,

I agree that it sounds from McPetterson's description that something has been "fixed". I'm not sure you have the explanation right...G is G, regardless of speed. It's easier to generate, say 5 G at higher speed, but there's no difference between 5 G at 300 knots and 5 G at 200 knots.

G is a function of gravity (obviously) and centrifugal force, not speed. The faster the airplane is moving, the more lift the wings generate, which allows you to generate more G in a turn.

NineLine has said several times that the new damage model is still a work in progress, and this seems like a manifestation of the partial application of the new DM.

Pretty sure that’s what I was trying to say... thanks for clearing it up though. :)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Pretty sure that’s what I was trying to say... thanks for clearing it up though. :)

Ah, crap...you're right, Speed. Sorry about that.

I should know better than to post before my second cup of coffee.:doh:

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Ah, crap...you're right, Speed. Sorry about that.

I should know better than to post before my second cup of coffee.:doh:

no worries, you said it better :)