Bolter? Or not.. Banklers mission

markturner1960

Anyone else have the issue with getting a Bolter and corresponding points deduction when you do catch a wire? I have had this happen several times now......

I presume this is a DCS issue rather than mission issue?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

What I mean is that it says I boltered, when I did not.......and docks me 5 points.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I haven't seen that one yet.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 3 months later...
Anyone else have the issue with getting a Bolter and corresponding points deduction when you do catch a wire? I have had this happen several times now......

I presume this is a DCS issue rather than mission issue?

No, if/when this happens, it probably some edge case error in the script in my mission, not in DCS. There is no way to read which wire you have grabbed, so the script estimates it by measuring the distance from the center of the ship to the point where you came to a halt. In 95% or more of the cases it works great. However, from time to time, you might get outside the normal parameters, and it might tell you you grabbed another wire that you did.

In the case you don't get any score at all after coming to a full stop (this can happen if the wire doesn't pull you back for whatever reason), you can turn 180 degrees and stop right next to where you came to the halt, just a hair more aft, and the score should trigger. If you don't do this, the script will think that you boltered the next time you launch. Sorry for the inconvenience. It's just really hard to tweak these things to absolute perfection.