Upcoming updates for the Viper

SCPanda

What is being worked on right now for the Viper? Could ED please share? :(

They are working to implement everything that is not yet implemented..... :-P

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yes, using the HAS (HARM as sensor) modes or one of the modes that only lock-on after launch.

Wow.. I'm sure that will be super helpful, in the premier SEAD platform in DCS... :cry:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Wow.. I'm sure that will be super helpful, in the premier SEAD platform in DCS... :cry:

premier SEAD platform in DCS? You mean the Hornet?

With the HARM in the Hornet you apparently even get a box indication on your HUD where the target is (minus range). You just slew the TGP on that and then can do classic attacks. Essentially using the HARM as HTS.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Best SEAD in DCS right now is the JF-17. Far far ahead of the others...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Essentially using the HARM as HTS.

There's no way the HARMs puny built in sensor has the same detection range and capabilities as HTS. The difference in real estate available for the sensory array alone should make a huge difference.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

They are working to implement everything that is not yet implemented..... :-P

Don't worry, ED will release an update with even better cockpit lighting to tide us by until they pull the F-16 team back off the F-18 project.

My guarantee: if my first two bombs don't destroy you, the next one's free

F-16C | FC3 | Persian Gulf

What Harlikwin meant (which should be obvious) is that the Viper is the only aircraft in DCS that should be a (fairly) dedicated SEAD platform, hence why we're getting an HTS-capable jet. In DCS that's not remotely close to being true unfortunately.

With the HARM in the Hornet you apparently even get a box indication on your HUD where the target is (minus range). You just slew the TGP on that and then can do classic attacks. Essentially using the HARM as HTS.

I meant IRL. The specific viper we have was heavily used as a dedicated SEAD asset. With the HTS.

Of course what we have in DCS at the moment, I'd say the best SEAD platform is the Jeff, followed by the SU-25, and then the hornet and finally the harrier.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What Harlikwin meant (which should be obvious) is that the Viper is the only aircraft in DCS that should be a (fairly) dedicated SEAD platform, hence why we're getting an HTS-capable jet. In DCS that's not remotely close to being true unfortunately.

:)

:pilotfly:

And no one has mentioned SFW's? Interesting...

...but anyone mentioning the HTS is right. Once you have it you can pretty much use any weapon for this purpose.

Edited by Reaper_KS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

3 months ago we were going to get mavericks according to one of the top managers of Ed. You can still see her statement in related topic.

anyway I am glad that a great civil sim is coming within one month.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Fixing the Crosswind Behavior on take off roll and landing and the hyper sensitive NWS would be way more interesting than any weapons.

That plane is pretty useless if you can only really use it in nice weather without crosswind....

There is no need in fancy weapons if you cant bring your plane back....

Wags should show us Takeoff and Landings with 15kts crosswind in his next Syria update.... That video would be much shorter

We are united in that neither of us got any fix he had desperately wanted :-)

I have no idea how ED orders the bugs to be fixed.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

" Phase 2 Product Sustainment:

- AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS) "

Who said we're not getting the HTS?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

One month of hard work = a half dozen fixes that nobody asked for. Nevermind the bugs that actually ruin the experience and severely lowers the combat effectiveness of the F-16 in DCS. TWS is broken, SAM is broken, EXP is broken, IFF is broken, etc. And that's only avionics. We could also talk about wheel friction, NWS gain, engine performance, G-LOC, etc. But no, chaff/flare audio is what we needed fixed. Oh, woe is me!

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

wondering if those new Devs which are dedicated F-16 Devs, as Big Newy said, are showing us that they come up to speed on the next update.... Or at least showing us that they actually work on the F-16.

This Time the Results tell another story.

• ED Team

Maverick and Harm are being worked on, but as mentioned we also have new team members getting up to speed.

As soon as we have news we will share it with you all.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You are not getting tired of telling as that you (or ED) will tell us if there is something to tell and that there are new Members coming up to speed. Common sense says that new Teammembers can slow down a Team first, before they really push the speed so its not just a numbers Game.

But after many cosmetic and minor updates we are getting tired of that Story.

I dont think you lie or something like that, but from a Customers View without much insight of your Daily Business it feels frozen and not like good progress.

So maybe you consider give us some Breadcrumbs of Information even if something is on an earlier state of development.

I know the Chance to please everyone is very low but currently there is a clear lack of Info which makes it hard to keep up the patience....