Auto Bombing Mode - Waypoint Target

Chops

I have found that in order to get the Auto Bombing mode to work correctly with a waypoint set as the target, it is necessary to edit the waypoint elevation in the Mission Editor. For example, if waypoint 2 is my target, this waypoint should be edited to reflect the actual target terrain elevation such as 20 ft. MSL, rather than the aircraft altitude at that waypoint location such as 7000 ft. MSL.

In reading through the Quick Access Guide, Chuck's Guide, and watching Matt's YouTube videos as well as others, this was never mentioned.

Did I miss this information somehow, or have others found the same issue?

Anyway in Auto mode, when i do a level bomb run, my ordinaance always goes long...expecially when i enter coordinates and altitude from UFC. Probably i do something wrong.
Did you set the altimeter to the local QNH?

One problem I have is I find myself stuck in AUTO mode once I have started using it. Trying to revert to ccip by editing the weapon profile and selecting ccip doesn't always do the trick. Even after changing weapons I'm still stuck in AUTO mode. Any ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you set the altimeter to the local QNH?

This seems to be a common mistake. QNH in the target area should be covered as part of any strike flight briefing.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

guys, Auto Mode is bugged since last update. ED is working on it.

It used to be too accurate and now is way too innaccurate,

Can you provide a link to that info or you just speculating?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

One problem I have is I find myself stuck in AUTO mode once I have started using it. Trying to revert to ccip by editing the weapon profile and selecting ccip doesn't always do the trick. Even after changing weapons I'm still stuck in AUTO mode. Any ideas?

You have to undesignate your "ground target" - the diamond on the ground for AUTO mode. If you swith from AUTO to CCIP and don't have undesignate before your HUD will still show you the AUTO mode until you hit the undesignate button then it will switch to CCIP - if you have selected it before.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 9 months later...
I just found this out. But the target waypoint won't go lower than 98 ft in the mission editor. Any idea why?
This is likely because your waypoint is placed at a point where the elevation is 98ft MSL. Can't put a waypoint under the ground in the ME I guess (although you can in the plane quite sure).

This is likely because your waypoint is placed at a point where the elevation is 98ft MSL. Can't put a waypoint under the ground in the ME I guess (although you can in the plane quite sure).

Actually 98ft was when I tried to set it using Above Ground Level (AGL). Not sure why that is. But now what I do is put the map cursor over the target area and check the MSL shown at the bottom of the map. Then I input the MSL reading into the target waypoint's altitude. Works that way.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64