The DCS “server”

Mr_sukebe

Here’s one for thought.

We know that there’s a stand-alone server on the way, which suggests the ED Will disentangle the game logic from the graphics logic.

That rather infers to me that we may also be able to either:

- get the main game to split logic paths to different CPU cores

- to locally run a server as one instance, allowing it to control logic and AI, then a 2nd instance of the game that can focus most of its efforts on visuals

Thoughts?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

On my phone right now otherwise i could show you some links.

Ed guy's have said there main focus from my understanding is they have seperated the simulation engine from the graphics engine and yes will work like the client server approach inside dcs. This also possibly works in with Vulkan api too.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Here’s one for thought.

We know that there’s a stand-alone server on the way, which suggests the ED Will disentangle the game logic from the graphics logic.

That rather infers to me that we may also be able to either:

- get the main game to split logic paths to different CPU cores

- to locally run a server as one instance, allowing it to control logic and AI, then a 2nd instance of the game that can focus most of its efforts on visuals

Thoughts?

exactly. if i remember correctly wags mentioned a server-client architecture also for single-player and that would mean a significant seperation between logic/AI and graphics/physics.

however i think it is save to say, that physics and graphics would still run in a single instance, as the server will probably not run client's physics for obvious reasons.

i would therefore assume that we will see performance improvments mostly on big missions with large amounts of AI or large amounts of MP clients.

would still be very wellcome! :)