meet......A-10C! - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2007, 02:28 AM   #1
Viper101
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 457
Default meet......A-10C!

I dont like the big old thingy poking out the front.....is that a refueling pod or no?

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123033331
http://www.warthogpen.com/a-10c_files/A-10C.html
http://www.tonyrogers.com/weapons/a10_new.htm
__________________
Viper101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:03 AM   #2
IguanaKing
Guest
 
Posts: n/a


Warn: (0%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper101 View Post
I dont like the big old thingy poking out the front.....is that a refueling pod or no?
No. That is a pitot/static mast. Its pretty common on aircraft that are undergoing RDT&E for new configurations. It won't be there on the production model.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:18 AM   #3
IguanaKing
Guest
 
Posts: n/a


Warn: (0%)
Default

Doo-doo-doo-doo, FLASH! Ah-ah!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:07 AM   #4
CrazyAggie05
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VAD
Posts: 49


Default

my boss is leaving next week to go back to a-10's, lucky bastard... hopefully Ill be there with him in 2 yrs!
CrazyAggie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #5
EscCtrl
Member
 
EscCtrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 585


Default

Interesting to read - I always expected them to make those kind of upgrades as and when the technology came available as opposed to assigning a whole new aircraft designation and spending lots on the whole fleet.
EscCtrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
egaRim
Junior Member
 
egaRim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 70


Default

Borg-Hawg



lol
egaRim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #7
Viper101
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 457


Default

alright. i know of people pimping out their cars with chrome rims and stuff like that, but does it have to come like this?





hahaha. nothing better than getting your butt owned by a 30mm chrome plated gatling gun with a peace symbol in the center
__________________
Viper101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #8
EscCtrl
Member
 
EscCtrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 585


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper101 View Post
alright. i know of people pimping out their cars with chrome rims and stuff like that, but does it have to come like this?





hahaha. nothing better than getting your butt owned by a 30mm chrome plated gatling gun with a peace symbol in the center
The chroming might be there to protect against rust/corrosion or they might have always been like that but through wear and tear through general use the chrome tarnishes/melts away from the muzzle heat?

Iguanaking should be able to answer that one




As for the peace symbol I just find that ironic.
EscCtrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:38 PM   #9
hitman+
Posting Rights Revoked
 
hitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Air Force Plant 6
Posts: 4,678
Send a message via ICQ to hitman Send a message via MSN to hitman Send a message via Yahoo to hitman

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscCtrl View Post
The chroming might be there to protect against rust/corrosion or they might have always been like that but through wear and tear through general use the chrome tarnishes/melts away from the muzzle heat?

Iguanaking should be able to answer that one




As for the peace symbol I just find that ironic.

Or perhaps its a Demo Team a/c?
hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:54 PM   #10
EscCtrl
Member
 
EscCtrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 585


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman_214th View Post
Or perhaps its a Demo Team a/c?
Would they bother with that kind of detail? do demo teams often show their aircraft as ground displays for people to walk up to?

Haven't been to an airshow since I was tiny
EscCtrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mr. Maverick meet Mr. Tunguska S77th-GOYA Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 1 & 2 34 02-14-2006 03:18 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:00 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.