C-101 update

Vibora

Why on new update the airbrake toggle is remove ? I can’t set two input on my joystick and it’s not pleasant.
A couple of reasons: First, there is no toggle brake in the real aircraft. Second, the brake toggle causes the aircraft to trim uncontrollably because the air brake system is linked to the trim system.

A couple of reasons: First, there is no toggle brake in the real aircraft. Second, the brake toggle causes the aircraft to trim uncontrollably because the air brake system is linked to the trim system.

Ha but it’s not convenient.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Ha but it’s not convenient.
I have an old joystick so not a lot of buttons on mine. I use the hat as airbrake extend / retract. And I have assigned one of my joystick buttons as a modifier which changes the hat to act as a trim button. Or you could do the reverse.

EDIT: Plus the advantage is you can control how much air brake you want. Good for formation flying where you might just want to drop a few knots.

Edited by kontiuka

Bought the C-101 a couple of days ago, and so far i'm really, really impressed.

I didn't expect much, but I don't think I've ever been so impressed by a DCS module. The production values are simply outstanding.

The manual, the artwork in the loading screen, the gauge coding, the external objects during start-up, the missions, everything is sheer amazing so far.

The thoroughness of the training (especially the first one) missions is especially great. Its nice to learn the practical application of the manual, and what is happening under the hood instead of flicking switches for the sake of flicking switches. (I'm still trying to find out which of the inverters connect to what on the MiG-21). I'm having a blast playing with that breaker box.

Also the realism of the lcd displays is uncanny, they're the best i've ever seen in a videogame. Kudos for that.

Some things though:

- During start-up, you need to check engine response without computer to ensure proper functioning of the engine. To do this, you turn off the computer and apply throttle until N2 is 75%. However, ITT surges uncontrollably when N2 is over 70%, both during stationary and taxi runs without computer. Is this supposed to happen, even though N1 and N2 are performing as expected?

- I can't hear the trim tone, even though the breaker is right where it should be?

- The number "3" is rendered in a slightly different color than the other numbers on the HSI, is this intended? I've added a screenshot, but it isn't to clear. Would posting a track help you out?

By the way, what is the roadmap of this module? What are you guys currently prioritizing and in what sequence can we expect features to be added?

The reason i'm asking is mainly to know when I can expect the Random Failures in Mission Editor to be implemented.

numbers.jpg.ef59b6316d425de9ebb1528226cdf007.jpg

Bought the C-101 a couple of days ago, and so far i'm really, really impressed.

I didn't expect much, but I don't think I've ever been so impressed by a DCS module. The production values are simply outstanding.

The manual, the artwork in the loading screen, the gauge coding, the external objects during start-up, the missions, everything is sheer amazing so far.

The thoroughness of the training (especially the first one) missions is especially great. Its nice to learn the practical application of the manual, and what is happening under the hood instead of flicking switches for the sake of flicking switches. (I'm still trying to find out which of the inverters connect to what on the MiG-21). I'm having a blast playing with that breaker box.

Also the realism of the lcd displays is uncanny, they're the best i've ever seen in a videogame. Kudos for that.

Some things though:

- During start-up, you need to check engine response without computer to ensure proper functioning of the engine. To do this, you turn off the computer and apply throttle until N2 is 75%. However, ITT surges uncontrollably when N2 is over 70%, both during stationary and taxi runs without computer. Is this supposed to happen, even though N1 and N2 are performing as expected?

- I can't hear the trim tone, even though the breaker is right where it should be?

- The number "3" is rendered in a slightly different color than the other numbers on the HSI, is this intended? I've added a screenshot, but it isn't to clear. Would posting a track help you out?

By the way, what is the roadmap of this module? What are you guys currently prioritizing and in what sequence can we expect features to be added?

The reason i'm asking is mainly to know when I can expect the Random Failures in Mission Editor to be implemented.

Thank you for your praises! :)

- Engine management with ECU off: be sure you move the throttle slowly otherwise you'll get an engine surge. It's probably a bit exaggerated and we would need to relax it a bit, but in any case, in the real airplane you have to be careful with this, in fact, a failure of the ECU requires an immediate landing.

- Trim tone. Known, low priority right now though.

- Number 3: the modeler will take a look at it, thanks for reporting it, good catch :)

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Right now we have our FM coder working on damage model interaction with flight model, and the systems coder working on completion of rear cockpit systems interaction with front cockpit in multiplayer.

Once that is done, we'll work on failures setting in ME, real engine sounds, force feedback and adition of some effects to flight model, like cockpit vibration near the stall. After that it should be ready for release and only bugs or minor items would be pending.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS C-101 by AvioDev

- Damage model affects now to Flight Model (WIP). For now, you can see: Balance and yaw moments and lift and drag forces, due to the loss of parts of the wings. Engine fire (only EB).

- Fix in damage model: Parts that are detached do not appear now duplicated, that is, connected to the airplane body at the same time.

- Added pylons damage model.

- Fixed N1, N2 and ITT indication with MPR in C-101CC.

- Added patch to left arm of pilots (it was missing).

- Fixed AGA patches.

- Fixed patches of internal model.

Thanks for the update, guys! Some good stuff there. MPR now works at the higher altitudes! And I had a lot of fun ripping pieces off my Aviojet yesterday to test the damage model. My tests included putting tanks and B-17s on the runway and trying to clip pieces off my wings and tail at 60 kts and then trying to take off with the damage. Love how the C-101 reacts when it hits something. Very convincing. As for the post-damage flight model, there was a very obvious roll tendency with a clipped wing that worsened the more damaged the wing was which I was happy to see. I noticed however that the ailerons still worked even when they were ripped off. I guess that hasn't been worked on yet. Also, when I ripped half the vertical tail off, I didn't really notice any instability in the yaw axis. But anyways, nice work on the D.M. Really looking forward to seeing it progress!

Next update will include all surfaces: flaps, ailerons, rudder, elevators, horizontal stabilizers and air brake. It will include also loss of engine oil pressure and engine fire to both EB and CC. And we'll keep working on more failures.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

... But anyways, nice work on the D.M. Really looking forward to seeing it progress!

I'm currently doenloading today's update, but looking forward to check these:

• Added oil pressure drop when engine damaged.
  • Added C-101CC engine fire when damaged.
  • Improved engine failure when damaged.
  • Rudder, aileron, elevator, horizontal stabilizer, flaps and speed brake flight model damage implemented.
  • Added engine fire for C-101CC to flight model damages.
  • Batteries, inverters, generator, starter, engine oil leak, engine fire, hydraulic leak, gunsight lamps flight model damage implemented (WIP).
  • Fixed wheels damaged collision model.
  • Added batteries and inverters destruction when the nose detaches.
  • Added generator destruction when engine section is damaged.
  • Added aerodynamic drag increase when nose is teared.
  • Added starter destruction due to engine section damage.
  • Crank will not work if there is starter failure.

and, most important:

• Added failures set in Mission Editor (WIP) for: generator, starter, batteries, inverters, oil pressure drop, fuel leak, engine seized, hydraulic leak, elevator loss, aileron loss, rudder loss, pitot tube blocked, static port blocked and gunsight lamps failure.

... will test them asap ... finally a good reason to write my version of the Emergency procedures :)

Thanks to Aviodev, and hope things are going well with the F-1 :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

DCS C-101 by AvioDev

- Engine seizure after some time with low oil pressure or mishandling in that condition. <-- Nice!

- Improved pilot liveries for default skin.

- Added kneeboard to pilot model.

- Altimeter indication freeze if pitot tube and static ports are blocked.

- Changed name: Gunsight lamps failure.

It looks problems with multi crew incleased.

Checked issue of synchronization on the rear seat.

1. Computer SW can’t control. IGN yellow light remain on.

2. LDG, FLAP, SPEEED BRK, CANOPY position error(doesn’t move

3. CCB doesn’t work.

4. Engine doesn’t start.

5. after engine start(rejoin) ITT Over, Engine fire, can’t extinguish

6. Navigation system(FD, ELEC Instrument→Because of no.5 reason?, radio aid, vor/tac sw) can’t control.

7. Radio Communication can’t control.

FLIGHT MODEL WAS PERFECT, NO LAG.

BUT TAKING CONTROL MAKES HIGH G VIBRATION WHEN TRANSFER CONTROL FORWARD TO REAR SEAT.

Edited by crow0827

Multicrew is under high WIP. We have two options, either not update anything or you get what we are working on. Currently we are decided for second option. You'll get more items added but some of them can be bugged or can affect other systems. We'll be adding corrections in following updates.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS C-101 by AvioDev

- Engine seizure after some time with low oil pressure or mishandling in that condition. <-- Nice!

You'll see engine flameout in next update, this will give you the option to practice an engine relight in flight after an engine fail. BTW, you can make an assisted airstart or a windmilling start.

We'll keep adding other failures as well, of course.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You'll see engine flameout in next update, this will give you the option to practice an engine relight in flight after an engine fail. BTW, you can make an assisted airstart or a windmilling start.
Cool. What causes an engine flameout? Too high an AoA for too long? Does assisted airstart = windmill start?

Cool. What causes an engine flameout? Too high an AoA for too long? Does assisted airstart = windmill start?

You set it in the ME as a failure. Or you can get an engine flameout due to negative G's for example. Also, due to fuel starvation, but in this case it's obviously irrecoverable.

Other types of engine failure are engine fire, engine stall, chip in oil or oil pressure drop, as we see in previous post.

Engine model in our simulation is very complex, as well as other systems, there are many other features implemented in the code that could cause a failure or could be set as a failure in the ME.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]