FM Radio homing - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-14-2019, 12:28 PM   #21
CHPL

SAME FM ANTENNA ??
Old 01-14-2019, 01:33 PM   #22
CHPL

Same problem when using cold start.
Works fine in the second Huey starting with engines already running.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:50 PM   #23
PingPongChampeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourSpeed View Post
Hi Guys,

I hope you don't mind my piggy-backing on this thread. I've run into a small problem with the FM homing radio, and I'm not sure whether it's a bug, or something I'm not understanding, or doing properly.

I tune in a beacon, say 40.50 (in the SP Elbrus Rescue Mission), and I'm receiving the tone. As soon as I use a Comms option like "Request Start-Up, or Request Take-off, or even a "Request Azimuth" while enroute) the homing radio stops working. The gauge with the homing needles shows two yellow bars (ie. no signal), the audible homing signal goes away, and even powering off all the radios and turning them back on again doesn't fix the problem.

I'm not aware of any logical reason why speaking to ATC would break FM homing as (theoretically), they're all separate radios. At worst, I could imagine that the FM radio might need to flip from "Home" to "TR" to use VHF Comms, but that switch doesn't move, and once Comms are used at all, FM homing becomes entirely inoperable for the rest of the flight.

Any light that can be shed on this issue would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Ill try to test this out this afternoon to try to replicate. This hasnt been a problem for me before.
Intel 8086k o/c 5.4ghz | 32gb GSkill TridentZ DDR4 3200 ram | Asus Z370 Maximus X Formula| Zotac GTX 1080Ti | eVGA 1000w psu | MFG Crosswinds | TM Warthog | TM Cougar MFD | Dell 34" UHD Curved monitor | TrackIr 5/Oculus Rift CV1 | Windows 10 Pro
A-10C | AJS37 | AV-8B | Bf109 K-4 | C-101 | FC3 | F-5E | F-14A | F/A-18C | F-86 | FW109-D9 | HawkT1A | Ka-50 | L39 | Mig-15Bis | Mig-21Bis | M-2000C | Mi-8MTV2 | P-51D | Spitfire Mk. IX | SA342 | UH-1H
(D/229) Hammer 1-1, 229th Avn Bn.
PingPongChampeen is offline   Reply With Quote