Constructive feedback from a professional community

What's great about it? Or maybe you mean the Hawk as a plane. Then it would be a matter of taste. But saying the DCS simulation of the Hawk by this dev is great is a misleading statement.

I still think in this way that the module is great.

I flew the Hawk during the Mach Loop competition together with other guys two years ago (or so), and it this was pure fun and great enjoyment, for which I am grateful.

The handling qualities and the overall behaviour is what I like most. I cannot say anything about the translation of the real aircraft to the DCS module, this must be judged by a guy who has flown both. I really wished there had been more updates on the module, since there were a few things that I found missing.

But anyone can have his / her own opinion about the module, this is for sure!

If you think my statement is misleading, I can accept this easily :smartass:

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Are ED still selling it?

My take on this was the VEAO used a different approach to the Hawk based on their history of other models, with DCS platform constantly changing, VEAO has to self fund numerous upgrades for no fault of their own.

The final straw was the wholesale move to V2.xx which meant an almost rewrite from VEAO.

I think at this point they parted company.

IMO if early access owners want to bitch at VEAO then get the whole story and not just pick the bits you want. As far as what you are ‘owed’ I think VEAO spent all their profits on ED products and patch after patch after patch due to the changes in DCS source code.

Are ED still selling it?

You obviously have not been paying attention. Did you look at the web shop?

As for the other dribble in your post. Every other 3rd party dev group has experience the same transition to v2.x and they seem to have survived.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I still think in this way that the module is great.

I flew the Hawk during the Mach Loop competition together with other guys two years ago (or so), and it this was pure fun and great enjoyment, for which I am grateful.

The handling qualities and the overall behaviour is what I like most. I cannot say anything about the translation of the real aircraft to the DCS module, this must be judged by a guy who has flown both. I really wished there had been more updates on the module, since there were a few things that I found missing.

But anyone can have his / her own opinion about the module, this is for sure!

If you think my statement is misleading, I can accept this easily :smartass:

Yes! I am a fan of it just because I can fly it around when I want to do a calm flight, something with a bit more speed than a slow L-39 when doing civilian/aerobatic like flight in DCS.

You obviously have not been paying attention. Did you look at the web shop?

As for the other dribble in your post. Every other 3rd party dev group has experience the same transition to v2.x and they seem to have survived.

Bit bitey aren’t you!

Like I said, my understanding was they designed the aircraft differently to other products which is why the patches and changes impacted them more than others.

Mr_Burns, do you have any sources for this? I read about this circumstance a few times, and I would be interested in getting more details about it, just for my own understanding.

Yesterday I did a flight with the DCS Hawk, and again, I would hate to loose this module in DCS!

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I agree, I love the Hawk even as it is and would love to see it continue.

I dont have any sources, sorry and I am not trying to spread disinformation, like I said in both posts, my understanding.

I followed VEAO throughout the Hawk build and my feelings were that VEAO took aircraft and programmers for their commercial products (which were not DCS) and tried to build that reality in DCS World.

It seemed to me, when they were open to the community (before it turned on them, prior to hawk even nearly being released) that their models were different, maybe it was the amount of info the gave to the community, I dont know.

I also remember after each DCS patch, the fixes they were doing for the Hawk were delayed again despite them being across it.

Yes it could have been VEAO lying but they were always very, very open, Im talking the most responsive 3rd party out there, until the community turned trying to hold them to information they gave out in a non formal web conversation, ie. not a patch note or guarantee.

They opened recruitment from the forums here and were really going forwards and then something happened.

Regardless of angry people calling it dribble, there is as much weight in my observations as everyone else, especially as there is no formal (and I dont expect there to be) 'true story' from both parties.

But I find that the hammering of VEAO who tried their best to put up decent products that failed for whatever reason are continuously bagged here is pathetic and whether they are here or not, reading this, laughing and smoking Chitlidmans $20 bill or whatever, I will say what I think in their defense.

I also wont stoop so low as to call someones opinion Dribble, I was brought up better.

Mr_Burns, do you have any sources for this? I read about this circumstance a few times, and I would be interested in getting more details about it, just for my own understanding.

Yesterday I did a flight with the DCS Hawk, and again, I would hate to loose this module in DCS!

Most of the relevant discussions and threads are long gone, or deleted.

Things did not go particularly well for VEAO and some issues were totally out of their hands.

Though all of this is pretty much getting irrelevant with the current situation.

A pity...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks to both of you guys for your statements, which - hopefully also for others - brought a little light (but not too much) into darkness.

I really really hope ED decides for keeping this module alive, and maybe make it even better in a few ways.

Reading and understanding code of someone else is one part of the story, and investing money is the other part.

Let's assume they can deliver both:

The third part (of the two part story :D) then is to show spirit and invest love.

But to do that you have to love the model ... or the community ... or both :smartass:

You know what I mean (hard to describe).

my computer:

To be honest i really don't care about this module anymore.

I bought the Hawk when it first got released.

Soon after this module was lacking compared to the other modules most of us eventualy hopen for the best but the result wasent unexpected.

Mistakes can happen. If ED decides not to continue with this module im actually fine with that decision. Mainly because i don't want the Hawk taking up development time and space from other ongoing things. Hell...i wouldnt even mind if the module gets taken out the DCS World simulation completely if thats the easiest way to solve this issue. So what a few euro's are gone... They were already a few years ago and it wasent worth it. ED learned from this and we as customers did aswell ( at least i did ).

So whatever the outcome it wont HARM me in anyway. Whats that HARM doing there :megalol:

g8PjVMw.png