Afterburner sound too loud in the cockpit

royphsle

I like the Tomcat, its a great module but I think the afterburner sound is too loud in the cockpit. Its okay with some sound but too high is not realistic. I hope they can change it or make a option. Anyone who thinks the same?

-royphsle

F-16C:thumbup:

i7-4790 CPU 3.60GHz | 16 GB RAM | MSI GTX-960 Gaming 4GB | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I like the Tomcat, its a great module but I think the afterburner sound is too loud in the cockpit. Its okay with some sound but too high is not realistic. I hope they can change it or make a option. Anyone who thinks the same?

I've been in a C-17 with earplugs and headphones when taking off, and the engines are sure as hell loud. What makes you think that the F-14B engines are going to be slightly quieter when in afterburner?

Doesn't make a difference whether it's realistic or not, the hard fact of flight sims is that we don't feel any movement, and therefore have zero feedback beyond visual or audio cues. This means that any feedback that would be physical in the real thing, needs to be either visual or auditory in the sim. End of discussion.

Doesn't make a difference whether it's realistic or not, the hard fact of flight sims is that we don't feel any movement, and therefore have zero feedback beyond visual or audio cues. This means that any feedback that would be physical in the real thing, needs to be either visual or auditory in the sim. End of discussion.

“End of discussion” is a bit demanding...although I’ve never been in either a real f-14 or the DCS version, noise of anything that is “loud” can be “too loud.” Sound can range from the “click” of a toggle switch to 175 Db (“crazy ex-wife” level)...and an open discussion of how loud the afterburner should be , is fair game.

Imho

Settings > Tick the box 'hear like in helmet' = everything is quieter ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

I don't have much of an issue with the afterburners. The AIM-9 launch sound however I think is a bit exaggerated.
I think Mover posted a video to YouTube where he fired an Aim-9 IRL and I don't remember it being as loud as it is in the F-14 but that being said, I don't mind it. It's kind of satisfying that *pechew* as the Sidewinder foxes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

537 Mongo
CO vVF-161 Fightin' Stingrays
Check us out on the web!

Because you’ve been in the real world cockpit with the burners lit? It’s a good audio clue, let’s leave it alone.

I don't know what's realistic but other modules doesn't have that loud AB sound in the cockpit, so I think the sound is not so high...I just like it realistically:)

-royphsle

F-16C:thumbup:

i7-4790 CPU 3.60GHz | 16 GB RAM | MSI GTX-960 Gaming 4GB | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Audio is like any photography, it requires a skilled person to set cameras and recorders correctly that the audio/exposure levels are correct. And then it requires that the output devices are calibrated correctly so audience can hear/see eye footage correctly as it was in recorded environment.

Many cameras, like go-pro etc has bad audio recording leveling, where you don't really have idea of correct audio levels, nor quality.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Settings > Tick the box 'hear like in helmet' = everything is quieter ;)

Agreed:

Step 1, Check Hear like in Helmet.

Step 2, Volume 80% and adjust your headset manually or people in COMM will blast your ears off.

Step 3, World 40-60% depending on your likes.

Step 4, Helmet 60%

Step 5, Music as desired (I use 0%)

Step 6, Switches at 100% as you should notice them when low RPM/Engines off but not as much under more power.

DCS is always evolving, getting better, and occasionally re-breaking something. Enjoy!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the hard fact of flight sims is that we don't feel any movement, and therefore have zero feedback beyond visual or audio cues.

You really need to try Jetseats or similar, and/or buttkickers. For about $250-200 is a massive inmersion boost.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle