Tried VR for the first time.

Just set up my RiftS. Was very easy. Not sure how I should set my PD. I currently have it set to 1.2. Its my understanding, the greater the PD the crisper the image. I haven't really put it through the ringer, but wow! Really knocks immersion out the park.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Just set up my RiftS. Was very easy. Not sure how I should set my PD. I currently have it set to 1.2. Its my understanding, the greater the PD the crisper the image. I haven't really put it through the ringer, but wow! Really knocks immersion out the park.

Superb. I have been using it for a couple of years now and the novelty hasn't worn off at all. I have been using flight sims for over 25 years and VR is a bit of a dream come true for me because I always wanted to build my own pit. I don't have the skill or the funds to do that and VR fills that void in a way I could never imagine just a few years ago.

:thumbup:

I think I'll get mine out again as well and see what my nausea does, Immersion in VR is just a killer experience.

:pilotfly:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Higher PD will give you a better image at the cost of performance up to a point. It's good is to remember what it is actually doing, which is to render a higher resolution image than the display which will then be downscaled. Nothing like experimenting but having that in mind should give a starting point.

I think I'll get mine out again as well and see what my nausea does, Immersion in VR is just a killer experience.

Time should take care of this. Just keep at it taking breaks as needed, eventually most get their sea legs and it does not bother any longer.

Seems like it took me a couple of weeks or so on my end.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I definetly felt nauseous. I am confident this will get better over time. There were times though where I was tempted to pull off the goggles cause it got a bit too intense. Lol. I love it, but I can see the need to take it in small doses before the brains turn into scrambled eggs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

I definetly felt nauseous. I am confident this will get better over time. There were times though where I was tempted to pull off the goggles cause it got a bit too intense. Lol. I love it, but I can see the need to take it in small doses before the brains turn into scrambled eggs.

enjoy the ride, sir

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Puking your guts out just adds to the realism.:D

Seriously though, I think everyone gets used to it after a while. I was nauseous the first week or so (daily use) and so kept it to short flights at first. Eventually it went away and I could play hours on end without issue. After a long break, the motion sickness can come back but goes away after a session or two.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

It takes a bit to get used to it. Stay with level flight and slowly do more and move. I was also mixing it with a few driving sims which I think may have helped to get good with it quicker.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Driving sims ????

I got CMR Rally and the Baumholder track is 10km from where I live, kinda Home Run for me.

I pushed the metal to the floor and on the first bend, 90° Right, I threw up so to speak, a clear no go for me. That was the most disturbing VR experience I ever had, CMR Rally in VR.

Havent put it up yet as I am fighting my way through the Hornet in A2A combat, TWS and stuff and fight with the MFD more than with the enemy LoL.

Time is my biggest hurdle tbh, very little time at hand and DCS eats hours like crazy if you dig into it.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X