Different helmets and oxygen masks

Agg

Okay, so this is a small one, and not at all important gameplay wise, but I'd love to be able to choose different helmets and oxygen masks for the pilot model. From the screenshots it looks like we'll get the JHMCS and the MBU-12/P oxygen mask, I'd love to be able to choose the HGU-55/P helmet and the MBU-20/P as well.

Okay, so this is a small one, and not at all important gameplay wise, but I'd love to be able to choose different helmets and oxygen masks for the pilot model. From the screenshots it looks like we'll get the JHMCS and the MBU-12/P oxygen mask, I'd love to be able to choose the HGU-55/P helmet and the MBU-20/P as well.

Also, you should have to choose between either JHMCS or Night Vision Goggles. Having both at the same time simply isn't realistic. Razbam implemented a choice between NVG's or a sun visor for the Harrier. It was also represented visually as you could actually see externally who had NVG's with mounted and if they were on or folded up. Shouldn't be too hard to do the same for the F-16.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Also, you should have to choose between either JHMCS or Night Vision Goggles. Having both at the same time simply isn't realistic. Razbam implemented a choice between NVG's or a sun visor for the Harrier. It was also represented visually as you could actually see externally who had NVG's with mounted and if they were on or folded up. Shouldn't be too hard to do the same for the F-16.

+1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Unfortunately things like this (and pilot animation) don't appear to be on EDs list of things to implement. I had hoped they would with the Hornet but so far movement is just slightly better than the A-10C pilot. Heatblur had the pilot movement down and although I have my gripes with RAZBAM at least you can actually have NVGs on the pilot at night.

+1

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

Unfortunately things like this (and pilot animation) don't appear to be on EDs list of things to implement. I had hoped they would with the Hornet but so far movement is just slightly better than the A-10C pilot. HeatBlur had the pilot movement down and although I have my gripes with RAZBAM at least you can actually have NVGs on the pilot at night.

Yeah, I completely agree. HeatBlur really did an amazing job with the animations. They're so smooth and with the pilot models being able to lean back/forth, left/right and even twisting the entire body when looking over the shoulder, it just feels so alive. Also, the F-14 pilot model looks so realistic. The F-18 pilot model looks like it's made out of plastic almost. No details in the mesh, no detailed textures, limited animations and wierd materials.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

HB's F14 is the new benchmark for quite a few things, mainly

- Turbulence simulation

- Pilots animations

- Mirrors, they are simply awesome

- General airframe "feel"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

Which is appropriate for 2007?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 6 months later...

:thumbup:

I'd love to have this as an option to simulate pre-JHMCS times.

Maybe they can make this future like EA sports kinda thing where you can buy different shoes for the pilot. I want my pilot to wear Calvin Klein underwear, would that be cool? While we are here, maybe put different rims on wheels? I want spinners!!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Maybe they can make this future like EA sports kinda thing where you can buy different shoes for the pilot. I want my pilot to wear Calvin Klein underwear, would that be cool? While we are here, maybe put different rims on wheels? I want spinners!!

Whatever floats your boat ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Come on we even get cows :D.

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5