Moron - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-13-2019, 10:50 PM   #1
Bearskin

Default Moron

I come on DCS to get away from the Team Killing kiddies and low and behold "TIA Marvix" jumps on a Ground attack server "ITA Banshee ED" server, loads up with AA and starts shooting down friendly Hogs laden with MAVS and GBU's. So not a pleasant nights gaming.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:21 PM   #2
javelina1
Veteran

bummer... there's never a shortage of @$$ hats...

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, GTX1080SC, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 1x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Rift "S", Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PW Supply, PointCTRL
javelina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:05 AM   #3
ENO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskin View Post
I come on DCS to get away from the Team Killing kiddies and low and behold "TIA Marvix" jumps on a Ground attack server "ITA Banshee ED" server, loads up with AA and starts shooting down friendly Hogs laden with MAVS and GBU's. So not a pleasant nights gaming.
I had a guy on my old server do a cold start on an A-10C just to taxi his aircraft halfway around the airfield, ground override the gun and kill me as I started in my hangar.

No amount of moderation can help prevent "someone" from flipping a ****nugget switch and TKing you... He'll get banned, go to the next server, rinse and repeat.

Back in the day server owners would share user codes (pulled from SLMOD or another I don't recall) so you could proactively expel those morons however I'm not sure if popular server owners still do that. I had a list of 50 names on mine and we weren't even that busy...

Anyway- sorry about your luck but the simple fact is that people sheltered by the relative anonymity of online gaming will often act as such and there's very little that server owners can do about that "first" time.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art
ENO is offline   Reply With Quote