DCS: MQ9 Reaper

Kev2go

The business depends on a lot of people buying it. If "most don't", would you put the $$$ behind thousands of hours of development for a massive loss?

You must be new to internet discussion forums. See, here's how it works, take you through step by step.

#1 OP creates thread, says some stuff

#2 Other people reply with their thoughts/opinions

#3 ???

Fascinating idea isn't it?

A recipe for success, no doubt. This is why we don't let you manage the finances.

I understand what you both are saying, but I don't think I was very clear in conveying the original context of my post. Please, let me clarify.

I was simply saying that if Eagle Dynamics hypothetically, for one reason or another, gave the green light to develop an MQ-9 module, then I would fly it, even if it's not everyone else's cup of tea.

I'm not demanding or even requesting that they develop a Reaper module. All I'm saying is that it would be cool if they did, and I would enjoy it.

In the (hopefully) clarified context, I'll reiterate (paraphrase) my original statement; I would fly it even if most others wouldn't.

My apologies for the lack of clarity. I'll sincerely work on translating my brain to the keyboard in future posts.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the fact there's the MQ-9 in the CoreMods folder.

It's also been advertised a few times as part of the military only version of DCS.

ED probably can't bring it/a similar product to market for civvies like us due to DoD contractual obligations.

Well, it IS ingame, afterall. I use them for target drones.

@jetguy

Don't sweat it ;) I'm always like this. My bark is worse than my bite =)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 11 months later...

On a plus side should be noted that MQ9's also have a multimode radar

http://www.ga-asi.com/Websites/gaasi/images/products/sensor_systems/pdf/LynxSAR021915.pdf

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Stupid question:

You can controle JTAC's with Combined Arms but you cannot control MQ9 or other drones?

This would be something interesting and increase the functionality of the game master.

GM can just jump in, give a propper 9-Line over SRS and return to other GM tasks.

Just waypoint, altitude, orbit diameter and the flir camera would be enough for MY needs.

Hellfires would be nice, but this would just remove tasking from the active pilots.

Of course we would need a BluFor & RedFor Version.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

I play DCS to "fly" interesting aircraft I'll never get to in real life. A drone doesn't appeal to me as I'd be playing a video game of a video game. I get why some think it would be cool but I'd be bored. Also I'm a pilot and eventually drones are going to take my job so I jave an irrational hatred of them. I feel like I went to school to be a typewriter repairman.

A UAV is a video game??? That could not be further from the truth.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB