How do you contact the tower of the carrier ?

spidierox

You can find in the communication menu. After each airfield there's a MHz. Carrier is 127.5 mhz fm.

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

I too have had many difficulties with the carrier ATC, though perhaps in a different way than you. I believe the carrier ATC to be quite simply very buggy at the moment.

A friend and I were flying and practicing carrier landings, and out of more than 12 landings we only successfully got the ATC to approve a landing once and I believe it was the very first landing. All subsequent attempts would get to the point of the ATC confirming visual, but never finally approving the landing. I did not verify if this buggy behavior is caused by any particular action, such as perhaps landing or taking off after landing, but I suppose it could be that the ATC never realized we took off again so it thinks the deck is not clear for another landing.

I never had any issues with the carrier's ATC completely ignoring my initial inbound request though, and requesting nav assistance also never had an issue. Silly question, but are you not close enough perhaps? Not that I've tested, but I don't think the radios in DCS have unlimited range. Have you ever had an airfield reply to your radio calls in the F/A-18C when manually punching it in? I assume you contacted an ATC for takeoff with no problem? Perhaps try from the deck of the carrier and see if the radio works while on the deck.

I entered 127.500 in comm1 am and even in comm2 as fm.. But no answer from atc

I dont use simple radio option

The correct frequency for the Stennis is 127.500FM

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Communication menu is not active until a comm has been selected (and even so, it was simply not working in the Instant action harrier landing mission), and using comm1 for ex. does not show any frequency. The mission editor doesn't show it either, so it's hard to guess.

I suppose it's a fixed, hard-coded frequency for now.

The correct frequency for the Stennis is 127.500FM

Thanks! :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

What is the TACAN channel to the carrier?

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

What is the TACAN channel to the carrier?

You have to set it up in the mission editor through Advanced Waypoints option.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

In Wag's Case I CQ video, CVN-74 John C. Stennis has its TCN set as 55X STN. We could probably work on CVN-70 Carl Vinson with a similar way. And maybe the Admiral Kuznetsov too ?? I'm just so happy that I have Viacom /Voice Attack working on the Stennis and airfields !

• ED Team
In Wag's Case I CQ video, CVN-74 John C. Stennis has its TCN set as 55X STN. We could probably work on CVN-70 Carl Vinson with a similar way. And maybe the Admiral Kuznetsov too ?? I'm just so happy that I have Viacom /Voice Attack working on the Stennis and airfields !

All instant action missions have the boat set to 55X.

All instant action missions have the boat set to 55X.

Thank you, Matt :) .

How about for the other 2 carriers, the USS Carl Vinson and the Admiral Kuznetsov ?

What are the TCN and VHF AM/FM numbers for them that we can use to set in our own missions :pilotfly: ?

Thank you, Matt :) .

How about for the other 2 carriers, the USS Carl Vinson and the Admiral Kuznetsov ?

What are the TCN and VHF AM/FM numbers for them that we can use to set in our own missions :pilotfly: ?

As mentioned previously, you set them yourself in the mission editor through Advanced Waypoints option.

Hi, and what is for T switch on keyboard activate/deactivate ATC ? I'm unable to communicate with tower

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

is there a way in the mission editor to default the selection of a comm to FM instead of AM?

For instance, in Channel 1 I have it set to 127.500 but when I load the mission it is defaulted to AM instead of FM. Can I change this in the mission editor?

TJ

Edited by Tj1376

I think the PRC-210 radio makes the frequency band (AM, FM, UHF) somewhat irrelevant for the pilot, since both radios can tune to all 3 bands. You just have to select which of the 2 radios on which you want to receive a particular entity and assign any of the 20 channels to any freq in any of the bands. I decided I wanted COM 1 to handle my package and airfield towers and COM 2 to handle AWACS, JTAC, Tanker, etc.

I also like the convenience of assigning standard channels to common mission units to the extent feasible, so my flight is always COM 1 channel 1, AWACS is COM 2, channel 2, etc.

Once you assign the freqs to the channels, you can find the channel assignment list in the mission file, copy and save it for insertion into other missions.

I too am having issues with the tower. I can get ATC to ack me inbound, and clear me visual. But the tower refuses to respond to me at all. I have manually assigned the freqs in the editor, as well as enabled FM on the UFC prior to contact. In the comms menu, all the airfields and carriers on the map are greyed out. However, I am able to contact the tankers without an issue though. If I try to take off from, say Kobelti, I get zero response for permission to take off, until I take the runway. All the sudden, the tower denies the previous requests, and approves take off. Could it be an early access bug?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

i9 9900k, H150i AIO, Asus Code XI, 64Gb @ 3200mhz DDR4, FTW3 Hybrid 1080ti, M.2 521Gb OS, M.2 2Tb Games

Rift, Virpil T50, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Cougar MFDs

If I try to take off from, say Kobelti, I get zero response for permission to take off, until I take the runway. All the sudden, the tower denies the previous requests, and approves take off. Could it be an early access bug?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Normandy airfields function this way also. You will notice that the com menu is labeled AUTO, which I think means it operates automatically at takeoff and player contact is useless.

Where can I get a voice attack profile for dcs?

Thanks in advance.