[NO BUG]Game exiting when changing a graphic setting...

Morbad

Hello !

I come back to DCS for the first time since the 2.5.0.

I wanted to adjust my graphical settings, but I realize that I cannnot do it ingame anymore !

If I change the visual range setting, the game just RESTART, each time I modify it :doh: (and the loading times are impressive with a hdd)

Is it an "improvement" since the 2.5.0 ? I never saw that in another game...

Also, I wanted to know if the graphical requirements were differents for the Normandy map ?

Thx ! ;)

Is it an "improvement" since the 2.5.0 ? I never saw that in another game...

What? Most games say something like ‘the game must be restarted for your changes to take effect’!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

What? Most games say something like ‘the game must be restarted for your changes to take effect’!

Yeah , DCS provided no such notification , but the need to reboot still exists . I think the auto-reboot was to avoid the previous confusion that some had not realising that a reboot was necessary after changing some settings .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Hmm, I really remember it was possible to change and apply any settings without restarting the game... probably some Mandela effect^^'

Anyway, it becomes really difficult to play without a SSD... that's the price for such a complete game I think. Thanks you ! (and ED, for the warbirds free trial :) )

Do yourself a favor and move to SSD. It will be the cheapest part of your system and will give you huge boost to loading times and perhaps mitigate some gameplay hiccups.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria