agm65 when?

Kev2go

When the Hornet came out in EA, the Mavericks were one of the first guided munitions to come about next to AGm88 well before any TGP.

I know agm88 integration is more complex due to the HTS pod, but what about IR mavericks? The general underlying tech is already there in use on the A10C and F.A18C. So its just a matter of applying the right interface/ symbology specific to how its used on the F16?

So in short could this be the next weapon type we can expect for the F16 in the following update(s)?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

When the Hornet came out in EA, the Mavericks were one of the first guided munitions to come about next to AGm88 well before any TGP.

I know agm88 integration is more complex due to the HTS pod, but what about IR mavericks? The general underlying tech is already there in use on the A10C and F.A18C. So its just a matter of applying the right interface/ symbology specific to how its used on the F16?

So in short could this be the next weapon type we can expect for the F16 in the following update(s)?

Boresighting / Handoff from the TPOD is quite difficult I would suspect.

And AGM88 works without HTS as well.

BR,

Deadpool

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

When prepared correctly Maverick from TGP is very easy from pilot's point of view. Point track and missile automatically tracks same target. It's a two button procedure. Fully modeling the whole mechanization will probably be a coding challenge.

Fully modeling the whole mechanization will probably be a coding challenge.

I think that's what he meant.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

What i mean is IR mavericks aren't reliant on TGP use. WE have GBu12's but cant designate targets outside of something atop a way point because slewing the tgp sensor around to targets of opportunity then moves your preset waypoints

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD