Civilian aircraft

Agg

Okay, before you shoot me down, Im not talking about flyable civilian aircraft, I still want ED to concentrate on making great military simulators, but what about civilian ai aircraft? When the Nevada scenery is released wouldnt it be cool to have civilian aircraft flying in and out of McCarran International while we're flying out of Nellis? There is of course the problem with the current ATC not being advanced enough to coordinate flights and such, but Im just throwing it out there. It certainly would help the DCS world feel more alive.

Any thoughts on this?

+1.

Go along with my 'civilian kills' idea....

All things considered I can't imagine that this is the most unreasonable idea - modeling the aircraft would probably be the most time-consuming aspect. Chart out some civilian flight corridors and have the aircraft follow them akin to the civilian cars on the roads.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm going to step forward and say it:

I want a civilian DCS module. The joy of flight is so much stronger in A-10C than FSX, and it might finally give some civil aviation enthusiasts a chance to see what they have been missing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I want a civilian DCS module. The joy of flight is so much stronger in A-10C than FSX, and it might finally give some civil aviation enthusiasts a chance to see what they have been missing.

If they decide to do a DCS: AC-130U at one time in the future would be great. http://www.thebattlesim.com/

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

That´s basically true, but the Map should be enlarged then a lot. FSX provides the whole Earth, that will never be possibile in DCS (at least at the moment not). So Civilian aviation would be strongly Limited in DCS.

On the other Hand, once the most military modules have been released and updated and made compatible to each other so the whole engine might look pretty different for what we know now I guess (compare Black Shark and Warthog)...Who knows what ED plans to do after that. So civilian aviation in DCS might be possible in 10 or 15 years at the very earliest...my guess.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I hate the feel of FSX, everything about it. The feel, the flight, the controls, the graphics, everything made by ED is smoother and "better".

I feel like TrackIR is requirement in FSX because hatstick movement is so awful. Also, you can't use modifiers with your joystick. My Logitech Extreme 3D has 15 functions on FSX, and about 40 on FC2.

You guys make one, I'll buy it.