Problem with ATC and Ground Crew etc

jester224

All of a sudden I have lost all the sound of the menu from ATC, AWACs and Ground Crew etc. I have changed no settings or hardware. Any ideas?

I found this in the log file:

2019-10-24 07:44:29.496 ALERT WRADIO: Error in wMessage::buildSpeech(), event = wMsgLeaderRequestRearming: [string "Sounds/Speech/speech.lua"]:174: attempt to index field 'vcprcp' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "Sounds/Speech/speech.lua"]:174: in function <[string "Sounds/Speech/speech.lua"]:159>

2019-10-24 07:44:30.577 ALERT WRADIO: Error in wMessage::buildSpeech(), event = wMsgGroundCrewCopy: [string "Sounds/Speech/speech.lua"]:174: attempt to index field 'vcprcp' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "Sounds/Speech/speech.lua"]:174: in function <[string "Sounds/Speech/speech.lua"]:159>

Edited by jester224

OK, I fixed this as it appears to be a problem with Voice Attack. I am not using this software at the moment and for some reason the overload function in the speech.lua function started using the voice attack version rather than the native one. This led to a null or empty object being referenced and a crash occurring. I commented out the voice attack version of the function and this 'fixed' the issue.