[RESOLVED]Air Engine Re-Start Bug

Revientor

normally the system works good, but in the case that your engine goes OFF due inverted flight... is almost impossible to restart, the air-re-start do not work and you need to perform a normal, landed based, start.... not good....

also when no hydraulic system working due no engine working... you loose your flight controls several times for a few second or minutes, to avoid that second or minutes you have to pull up 2 or 3 times... if you loose your controls in the middle of a roll... your plane will keep rolling, and then you need to pull up 3 or 4 times and get back the controls again... stabilize restart... again pull 3 or 4 times to recover the flight controls....

looks very buggy

normally the system works good, but in the case that your engine goes OFF due inverted flight... is almost impossible to restart, the air-re-start do not work and you need to perform a normal, landed based, start.... not good....

also when no hydraulic system working due no engine working... you loose your flight controls several times for a few second or minutes, to avoid that second or minutes you have to pull up 2 or 3 times... if you loose your controls in the middle of a roll... your plane will keep rolling, and then you need to pull up 3 or 4 times and get back the controls again... stabilize restart... again pull 3 or 4 times to recover the flight controls....

looks very buggy

+100 Thank Revientor

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Hi jojo could you please make a video it is very apreciate

Thank bye

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

At least did you try ?

Yes, several times but couldn't get a relight after prolonged inverted flight caused fuel starvation.

Also checked out the Mirage F1 Manual, p319 - Different aircraft different engine (Atar) to see if there was something obvious I was missing but common to French aircraft.

Tried windmilling the engine >13% for 60 seconds before attempting relight and/or waiting 30 seconds before operating the Relight switch and then moving the Throttle CUTOFF -> IDLE on second attempt.

Also tried placing Throttle between idle and Military Thrust during relight (as per F1 proceedure), incase it increased fuel flow. As you can see, I was grasping at straws to get your relight procedure to work.

As posted, I'm waiting for a video or track to show me the simple thing/parameter I'm missing.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Did you used the "COUPURE PC" switch ?

Because I tried after inverted flight engine cut off and I did relight the engine.

Off course I dived and rolled up before anything else (don't try to relight inverted).

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Hello everyone of course there are more important problems ... it is only to digress a bit this video sample now with the new version is no longer correct but it is what I mean

Hello everyone of course there are more important problems ... it is only to digress a bit this video sample now with the new version is no longer correct but it is what I mean

Like already said, you don't have to touch to the fuel pumps on right panel.

After you hit the red button to put the throttle to "STOP", put the "COUPURE PC" switch to aft position, RPM> 13%, then "RALL. VOL" forward and throttle idle.

The engine will restart no matter how you cut if off...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Did you used the "COUPURE PC" switch ?

Yes, it's part of the new procedure you described.

... don't try to relight inverted

:megalol: lol, did you watch my previous track ?

Anyway, here's a video if my track won't play in your version (

)

Note: I forgot to set the slats BECS switch to retract in this video but it hasn't make a difference in previous attempts.

Perhaps you'll see what else I've missed ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=180422&stc=1&d=1520347259

488402600_M2KCInvertedRelightFailwithCoupurePCswitch2_5_0_14304.thumb.JPG.2ee19092df9e2487095ec2e125d18754.JPG

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

My bad, I did more test, and COUPURE PC doesn't change the result. :doh:

It seems it doesn't like when RPM stay below 13% RPM.

If you dive right away after engine shut off and keep RPM > 13% it seems to work ok.

The problem is probably here => going below 13% RPM. And this shouldn't be an issue, as long as you are >13% RPM when you perform relight procedure.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

Thank Ramsay for your confirm...

The problem is probably here => going below 13% RPM. And this shouldn't be an issue, as long as you are >13% RPM when you perform relight procedure.

Are you confirming it's a bug as RPM going below 13% is only an issue after inverted flight ?

Here, I cut the throttle to the STOP and let RPM fall to zero and the engine restarts as expected.

attachment.php?attachmentid=180443&stc=1&d=1520362757

Note: Relight also works if 'Fuel Cutoff' switch is used to shutdown engine

1426411808_M2KCRelightwithThrottleStop2_5_0_14304.thumb.JPG.3c9f4380a33218c81f00a50179c80b74.JPG

Edited by Ramsay
Add note that Relight also works if 'Fuel Cutoff' switch is used to shutdown engine

That one is a tough one to track. There are many variables, how you cut off the engine (inverted flight, fuel cut off, throttle stop...), what RPM when we are launching the restart, increasing or decreasing...I don't know yet !

Mirage fanatic !

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Sorry to dig a so old topic up but I can't see in which way this is a resoved bug ?

On my end, as long you manually stop the engine the above re-lit procedure works fine.

But the engine re-liting seems impossible when the latter shuts during an inverted loop (or a straight inverted flight) with afterburner on.

Did I missed something ? If so, can someone help ?

Thanks

Sorry to dig a so old topic up but I can't see in which way this is a resoved bug ?

AFAIK it's not been resolved, a forum moderator purged the "bugs" sub forum by moving any threads that hadn't been "bumped" (in the previous 3 months ?) to the resolved section.

This reduced the number of "bugs" in the bug sub forum but didn't address any reports i.e. nothing has been marked as [Reported], [DCS core issue], [Working as intended], [investigating], etc.

Did I missed something ?

AFAIK the devs. are aware of the issue but don't understand the cause. I assume it's a low priority.

• 3 weeks later...

Got into the very same issue. Unable to restart after engine shutdown (inverted flight). Fuel not being reintroduced to the engine... I made sure I was in the restart enveloppe and followed the procedure.

Problem seems to be only with inverted fuel starvation as I was able to do a simple shutdown/restart.

• 2 months later...
Here is the track.

To me it feels like the engine is running out of gas and the "nourice" cannot refill... But since the fuel level of these does not change I guess it is not modelled.

Thanks pierre

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED]Air Engine Re-Start Bug