MOOSE GCI CAP Refuel Problem

mono6020

hey guys,

i really need some advice regarding the refuel behavior of the AI CAP and GCI flights.

i have 16 tomcats assigned as CAP flights to the stennis. a 2 ship CAP is always airborne. works good so far. now the problem is, there is a S3B Tanker orbiting above the carrier and when the tomcats are low on fuel they go for the S3B. The first tomcat refuels for ~10 seconds, then backs off, wingman never refuels. then they both just fly in formation with the tanker without doing anything until they eventually eject and crash. It looks like the tomcats never recognize that S3B can't refuel them both. Then the next CAP flight spawns and the story repeats itself until all tomcats are gone in about 2-3 days.

please, is there any way to DISABLE air to air refuel for the DISPATCHER Squadrons all together? i just want them to go RTB when low on fuel and not try to refuel at any tanker. i already tried to assign a dummy tanker (which does not exist on the map) with SetDefaultTanker, but that didn't help. as the tanker does not exist they just continue to got for the S3B. Also assigning a fixed tanker is no way to go for me, as this tanker will eventually RTB and never get airborne again. a dynamic spawned tanker is also no option, as i dont know the exact unit name until it gets spawned and i have to assign the tanker name for SetDefaultTanker in the script BEFORE the mission starts. The ultimate result has to be hands off and needs to run for months without interaction. Would really appreciate any tips for this issue. thx