New infantry models +Additional roles

Mavrakson

I would like to see new infantry models highly modeled

And different roles of infantry aka Anti-tank infantry (AT-4,Javelin,RPG-7,Metis,TOW-2,Kornet..)

New models of infantry with modern equipment like MICH-2000 helmets vests uniforms camos...etc

This would be great addition to game !

Not until we get a proper ground units overhaul. So no more "group" but "team", "squad", "platoon", "company" etc.

And all working at different zoom levels on map. Like you don't command a sniper team from brigade level at 1:100000 but you need to be at 1:10000 scale. You don't command platoon from that level either but from 1:25000.

And when you command a platoon, it will have all the proper units like you have added to the platoon template. All infantry units will automatically use vehicles, defend vehicles etc. There should be basic AI functions like if air warning is called you have infantry searching the sky, preparing vehicles and weapons for self air defense (ready MANPADS, HMG etc to be quickly employed) and separate vehicles so one can't drop a area bomb on whole colonnade but can only get one, maybe two vehicles from dozen (meaning a platoon with 7 squads, each on own vehicle would be scattered on road and off-road across 2-3km as each vehicle would have 300-500 meters separation to next behind/front of them.

And when air alarm is called, all vehicles would drive quickly to nearest air cover (under trees, behind buildings etc) by separating on different directions on the road, maximizing separation and area cover for MANPADS and HMG area of effect. All infantry unmount vehicles, vehicles drive in cover and after each attack run they would change location.

And infantry would scatter around, creating low probability be killed with couple bombs.

All squads would orchestrate anti-air procedures, covering each other's, firing on same targets and getting different angles to air threats, timing missile launches that they are not wasted on same flare etc.

Simply put, a platoon could generate a 4x12km area that is heavily covered up to 3-4km altitude. Where squads would report to platoon leader of any spotting of air threat, after each passes etc. So that all squads knows the expected air threat direction and altitude.

And if it was a company colonnade on marching, now you have a complete air defense up to 4-5km in 4-20/30km area with air support in minutes.

And all that should happen automatically without player scripting or designing anything else than type of company, route etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I think at a certain point, you might want to look at this thread:

That sim covers tank warfare, infantry, infantry AT teams including TOW Milan and Kornet, combat engineer hull down pits, attack helicopter threats to engage with your Army weapons like 23mm ZSU, CV90 with 40mm Bofors, Tunguska and Shilka, Humvee Avenger, Bradley Linebacker. As a tank crewman, I believe you can be inside Leopard 1 and 2, Abrams, T-72, T-55, Marder IFV, and probably many more (but I'm just going off what I've seen in videos.... info about this sim is not that easy to find)

Now, the thread page is in Russian, so get Chrome to translate it for you. Also, while there are current posts on page 30, I think the pricing on page 1 is out of date.

The page I link to has youtube videos of the latest current version.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108936&page=29

Pricing... is around $150 US dollars for a new purchase. Upgrade pricing is less than that for previous owners.

Yes, this is not DCS and you don't fly helis or jets in it... but it does simulate ground stuff well enough that real world armies use it for training. There are two versions: Pro PE is meant for individual soldiers and civilian enthusiasts to use at home on your own personal computer. And there is the "Government purchase, Army only" version that you and I can't buy at any price!

I plan on buying it soon. These guys have been making armor/tank simulations for retail enthusiasts AND military training contracts since the late 1990's, so they do know what they are doing.

I have no idea ..... what damage could a fire team cause when a plane passes over their heads if they shoot in group ?.

according to my opinion, they don't do anything to him.airplane remain in good gondition.

Edited by Xilon_x

I have no idea ..... what damage could a fire team cause when a plane passes over their heads if they shoot in group ?.

according to my opinion, they don't do anything to him.airplane remain in good gondition.

Think a bit.

For example, If they hit the pilot, the aircraft will stay in good condition, but for how long?

Think a bit.

For example, If they hit the pilot, the aircraft will stay in good condition, but for how long?

to hit the pilot of a plane that passes over your head at 650km/h you must have a lot of luck.

and I believe that the bullets of rifles and machine guns are small caliber you would not penetrate into the armor of an aircraft.

the a-10 cannon is 10,000 times more powerful than 4 soldiers shooting together.

Edited by Xilon_x

to hit the pilot of a plane that passes over your head at 650km/h you must have a lot of luck.

and I believe that the bullets of rifles and machine guns are small caliber you would not penetrate into the armor of an aircraft.

the a-10 cannon is 10,000 times more powerful than 4 soldiers shooting together.

indeed, to hit a fast aircraft, using smallarms, is anywhere from very difficult to impossible, depending on speed and altitude, attitude.

BUT...

look at the real world. Jets HAVE been damaged by small arms, in rare cases (out of operation flight hours I mean). Crew HAVE died from a smallarms shot.

On the one hand, some jets have been hit by missiles and flown home, rebuilt and got flying again a year later. But that's also rare. But at low level, a projectile is still a projectile, and aircraft don't like damage.

Bird strikes are dangerous to aircraft. Many fighters and some airliners have been downed by birds. Those too are rare but they do happen.

Mostly in battle it seems like smallarms are generally used on aircraft, as a desperate act of frustration. But they can also be effective in making the pilot more cautious, distract him from paying attention to other threats like MANPADS and so on, he makes a mistake, doesn't see the missile trail because of all the trace heading toward him, and now he's parachuting down to enemy soldiers he just bombed 5 minutes ago. That's a bad day at work.

Armor?? What armor?! Few military aircraft carry ANY armor of any kind. And those that do, protect very tiny areas of the aircraft.

The most armored aircraft I know, are the A-10 and Ah-64 Apache (Su-25 also has some too). Apaches went out on a night attack in 2003, and by the time the night was done the WHOLE GROUP was grounded from damage from small arms. One of the crewmen died in his helicopter, got hit and bled out, despite the armor. The A-10 is tough too, but it can be damaged too. A couple have been shot down.

Look, armor does NOT make you invulnerable. And most of even armored aircraft is unarmored aluminum, easily damaged by smallarms like the .30cal MG's. Hit a hydraulic line, that pilot is walking home. Or getting a ride in a chopper. If the chopper doesn't get hit too. Hit the aluminum magnesium casing of a gearbox, and now you drain oil lubricants, and it will likely fail before making it to a friendly airbase.

Look at the Vietnam war. I think the Americans had around 5000 choppers shot down by the end of the war, and nearly all of that was from smallarms fire. And some of their fast movers got hit and minor damage from time to time. I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't shock me if some aircrew in fast movers got hit themselves by the "golden BB", as they called it.

You mention the A-10 30mm, not sure why. That cannon was meant to destroy trucks and APC's, a LOT tougher to destroy than other enemy aircraft. The only reason aircraft armament for A to A has gone to 20 and 30mm, and larger warheads, is not because smaller won't wreck an enemy plane, but because they are looking to efficiently destroy the enemy jet as fast as possible, to eliminate the threat pronto.

Edited by Rick50