[NO BUG] Keyboard commands 1 and 2

sobe

The switching from the pilot to Rio and back is done with the 1 and 2 keys. I have mapped them to several buttons on my WH joystick and MFDs and while the 2 keys works, I am not able to get back to the pilot with any button coded with the 1 key. The only way I get back to the pilot is with the use of the actual 1 key. Is this my problem or a bug?

This appears to be a known bug "When rebinding Pilot/RIO Seat selection (1 and 2), cannot return to Pilot Seat."

Edited by IronMike

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Out of curiosity I tried that yesterday @ latest beta and it worked for me. Mind you have to assign the "Occupy the pilot seat" for the F-14B RIO bindings. I was able to go back to pilot seat with just my jostick button.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

"Mind you have to assign the "Occupy the pilot seat" for the F-14B RIO bindings."

I guess I am an idiot. I just assumed that assigning in the pilot commands was enough. Thanks for the correction.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Just a tip if someone has troubles with keyboard commands:

Recently I had problems when switching from rear to front seat.

I used ALT+1 for "F-14 PILOT" to switch to rear seat, and ALT+1 for "F-14 RIO" to switch to front seat.

This works, but: I have to release ALT before pressing ALT+1 once again.

Question to HB:

Why do "occupy commands" exist for "F-14 PILOT" for occupying front seat, and also for "F-14 RIO" occupying rear seat???

Edited by TOViper
typo

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 1 year later...

This binding problem already surfaced in the last update, so please find a fix!

1 and 2 keyboard commands properly switch between pilot and RIO, but the hotas or joystick bindig does not work at all.

I'm using VR (Reverb G2) if it is important.

Never mind, I made the same mistake as sobe did: I forgot to bind the keys in the RIO section...

Edited by St4rgun
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP