Why only F-16 and F-22 frameless canopy?

Thacyoon

These are the only two military aircraft in existence that has a frameless buble canopy - why?

Not even the brand new fifth gen F-35 has a frameless canopy :cry:

One of the most appreciated feature of the F-16 (from the pilots) are the exceptionally view and the frameless canopy.

?

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

I cant remember what book it was, but i read that the canopy restricts air speed in some newer engine variants of the f-16, due to the polycarbonate softening and warping at high speed due to the heat generated, but still it's a nice view alright :D

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

I cant remember what book it was, but i read that the canopy restricts air speed in some newer engine variants of the f-16, due to the polycarbonate softening and warping at high speed due to the heat generated, but still it's a nice view alright :D

I heard that too... not too sure about the accuracy of that though.

I heard that too... not too sure about the accuracy of that though.

This is a direct PDF link

"Code One Magazine Semper Viper"

Article

Don't Stretch the Limits, page 92

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..