Chains

joojoo

Hey to all

I spotted some instagram pics in which the tomcats are chained in the flight deck. Is there any feauture such as that on the supercarrier?

Thanx

As they move up towards the launch area, planes are often chained temporarily. To do that in the sim would take more animated deck crew and programming. Not worth it.

Planes not being flown are chained down at their parking spot.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

As they move up towards the launch area, planes are often chained temporarily. To do that in the sim would take more animated deck crew and programming. Not worth it.

Planes not being flown are chained down at their parking spot.

For info purposes, once a jet is broken down (chocks/chains removed), we do not chain it back up unless it has issues and needs to be sidelined for troubleshooting. There is no periodic chaining as it moves towards the cats for launch. That would be very time consuming and laborious.

I think that's what you were trying to say.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

For info purposes, once a jet is broken down (chocks/chains removed), we do not chain it back up unless it has issues and needs to be sidelined for troubleshooting. There is no periodic chaining as it moves towards the cats for launch. That would be very time consuming and laborious.

I think that's what you were trying to say.

I don’t know who “we” is, but in the ~12 months I spent on the Shangri-la’s flight deck, it was done “often”. Possibly things have changed.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I don’t know who “we” is, but in the ~12 months I spent on the Shangri-la’s flight deck, it was done “often”. Possibly things have changed.

"We" as in Flight Deck, V-1 on an Aircraft Carrier. I'm a retired AB. Sorry for the not clarifying. Yes, things were different back then.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

I think its a great idea but I'd rather get the extra positions such as flight deck and air boss added before we get that. heck even push back or hangar handling would help

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png