Aircraft pitching up after takeoff

Vastarial

Hey guys,

Just wanted to re-learn the A-10C a few days ago, I came across a strange issue

Just after take-off, the aircraft starts pitching up and rolling a bit, and trimming doesn't seems to help at all...

So far I've tried :

- Pushing the takeoff trim button before taking off

- Setting up deadzones on the joystick

- Resetting the joystick controls to default

- Testing with other missions, starting in the air, both cold and hot starts

I tried to fly the aircraft using keyboard, and it stops pitching up when my joystick is unplugged

If I plug my joystick back in, it starts pitching up again BUT if I plug the stick within the pause menu, I can fly it without issues unless I pause again...

I don't really know what to do so if you guys have any idea ahah

(Btw I don't have any issue with the other modules)

Edited by Vastarial

Ramp Agent @ LYS/LFLL

Writing Ace Combat inspied music on YouTube

There is a way to fly with a visual representation of the carol surfaces showing in a red box window. Turn that on and see if it's your controller or some how a double bind to your pitch or rudder controls.

More often than not, it's a double bind issue..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, just tried, and it seems like it's pulling on the stick even when when my stick is on neutral position, but there doesn't seem to be any double bind.

I'm running Steam version, I'll just try uninstalling and re-installing the module, hope that will work.

Update : Reinstalling didn't fix the issue

A10C_surfaces.png.125aa9bca247a1f77c6070275e920f11.png

Edited by Vastarial

Ramp Agent @ LYS/LFLL

Your stick is way too far back. I just tried an instant action takeoff, and at climb speed my stick was basically centered on the horizontal line.

There's no way your stick is in that position if takeoff trim is properly set.

First, do a control check on the ground to make sure it moves freely in all direction.

Next you need to press and hold the TO trim button to set takeoff trim. You'll know the trim is set when the green TAKEOFF TRIM light illuminates. That's how you know takeoff trim is properly set.

EDIT: You can also look at the control axis within DCS to see if the joystick is registering centered. Select "Axis Tune" and you will see a graphical representation of the control axis, with curves, and the currently detected position of the hardware.

Edited by randomTOTEN

Sort of a wild guess: can you check your Game Options for the Force Feedback (FFB) setting? Trimming doesn't work properly in the A-10 when a non-FFB-stick is plugged in and FFB is switched on. Try to switch FFB off.

If that doesn't help, I'd try to rename Saved Games\DCS\Config or even the entire Saved Games\DCS folder, redo the most basic config, and see if that helps.

I had the exact same problem when I tried to use my MS ForceFeedback 2.0 joystick on the A-10. I use this stick for my choppers (because it simulates how a cyclic will trim like the real deal). But for fixed wings, you're better of by using a non force feedback stick.

What kind of joystick do you use?

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

So thanks for the replies everybody,

randomTOTEN : the screen I posted was taken in Instant Action - Free Flight, so there's no way it's a "takeoff trim" issue, I guess

toutenglisse : I tried both deleting the axis and resetting to default

Razor18 : I'm using a NEDIS GJSK200BK

Yurgon : Guess I'll have to try the "config" folder thing

d0ppler : I read about FFB messing things up, I already put the values to 0 (is there a way to just disable it completely though ?)

Ramp Agent @ LYS/LFLL

I can't calibrate my joystick via windows, is there a way to do it inside DCS ?

I don't have any issue with the other modules

I've been able to calibrate joysticks in every version of Windows since Win 95. (can't remember if you could in Windows 3.1, that's going way back)

When you are on the desktop, simultaneously press Windows + R on your keyboard to bring up the Run dialog box. Then type in joy.cpl and hit enter. That will bring up the Game Controllers box. Select your stick, press the Properties button, then go to the settings tab and hit the Calibrate button.

picture.php?albumid=1858&pictureid=11964

picture.php?albumid=1858&pictureid=11965

picture.php?albumid=1858&pictureid=11966

picture.php?albumid=1858&pictureid=11967

Hope this helps!

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

I can't calibrate my joystick via windows, is there a way to do it inside DCS ?

I don't have any issue with the other modules

How can you not calibrate something Windows use, by going into in Control panel / Devices and Printers / RIGHT click on your joystick, Game controller settings then properties or calibration?

Altough if you do not have the same problem within the same game with any other moduls, it really sounds weird. But worth a shot trying I guess...

@Razor18, for some reason I can't find my joystick in the control panel of Windows, but that was a great idea Diesel_Thunder

Anyway, everything looks normal, that's not a surprise since all the other modules works perfectly

joy.JPG.27e032496c0c6351d52c3eec3a5c2602.JPG

Ramp Agent @ LYS/LFLL

Razor18 : I'm using a NEDIS GJSK200BK

Yurgon : Guess I'll have to try the "config" folder thing

Oh, hold on, you DO have a Force Feedback Joystick then.

That is possibly the problem right there.

Can anyone around here give some pointers whether Force Feedback Joysticks work with the A-10C module, and if they require any special settings?

Right now I'd advise to not rename the Saved Games\DCS folder, that's probably not going to help (might still be worth a try, though).

Of course now I'd double check that the Force Feedback checkbox is indeed checked in the game's options.

Other than that, since I don't have an FFB joystick: good luck!

Okay guys, I unchecked FFB in the options and it's finally working (I didn't see that the first time I checked, I just set the values for the ffb in the controls)

Thanks for the help guys !

Ramp Agent @ LYS/LFLL