Warthog Throttle Alignment

hrnet940

I have been flying a lot and working on my AAR with a C130. Up until today I have always flown with my throttles independent and not locked together. Today I tried it with them locked together for a little more ease and they are not even in the controller display window. This will cause uneven thrust and a slight push to one side, not great when flying in very close proximity to another aircraft. What is the easiest way to fix this? In Axis Tuning?

Please see the picture attached.

Thanks,

Wayne

1355363306_MisalignedThrottles.jpg.cc63ddca3fb34bd4fb46b5b8c98562a5.jpg

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

For AAR, I always find it a lot easier with the levers working independently, as this allows me to "walk the throttles". That is, make more refined adjustments to thrust by just moving one throttle at a time.

The small amount of thrust variation between the engines, as with them bound together, appears to make very little difference to the flight of the aircraft.

The small amount of thrust variation between the engines, as with them bound together, appears to make very little difference to the flight of the aircraft.

I'll second this. You're actually better to look at the actual RPM's on the gauge in the F-18 and see how different they are between L/R. At most you can push or pull whichever one and make them the same. But it likely won't cause you issues.

What is the easiest way to fix this? In Axis Tuning?

You can't fix that using DCS axis tuning, in fact we can't fix that all by adjusting the response curve because I think it is a hardware issue/inaccuracy. What I would do is remap my throttle axes to Vjoy using Joystick Gremlin. The idea is that, when you extend your fuel probe, your axes remap change so that only one of your throttle is active. You then remap that Vjoy axes to the game axis that control both engines.

I just tested and it work, only issue is that after you change "mod" you must move your axes a tiny bit so that they pick a new value.

Edit : Let me know if you are interesting and would like to try this, and need help to do so.

Edited by Ant0ine

Thanks for all the advice and help. I was thinking the same as 'Greyman' and 'rob10.' It is more realistic and accurate to 'walk the throttles' and set according to RPM. It was just a little OCD poking out of my closet to get things perfect. LOL!!!

Thanks Again,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.