A few things here and there...

Tango3B

First, I want to congratulate the AVIODEV Team on that amazing C-101. The aircraft is a pleasure to fly even in its early beta state.

In those few test flights I did yesterday I found an apparent bug, though. The trim controls seem not to be working. Everything is set up correctly on my end, though. Also, the little window showing control surface position on the upper left front panel is not reacting. Can someone please investigate?

Also, I would like to hear a little bit more about that old TARSYN system from one of the Devs. Especially concerning those flight conditions when that system starts producing errors or deviations from normal flight attitude (the artificial horizon seems to be quite a bit affected by maneuvering even at 2-3 Gs). Thank you in advance...

Yeah, the panel of trim it's not functional at this time, comm menu same.

And wait devs, for TARSYN details.

I'm watching some videos with abnormal ADI behavior, is it a bug?

No, it is not. The C-101 has an old system called TARSYN, to give information to ADI and HSI. On aerobatic flight or aggressive maneuvers, the gyroscopes cannot follow the maneuvers, and starts to drag some errors. So ADI is not trustable for aerobatic flight on C-101, and reference from the horizon compared with parts of the aircraft it's the only way. We wanted to capture this kind of details in our project. For IFR it should be ok.

Source http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137734

Best Regards.

A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed tomorrow. General George S. Patton.

First, I want to congratulate the AVIODEV Team on that amazing C-101. The aircraft is a pleasure to fly even in its early beta state.

In those few test flights I did yesterday I found an apparent bug, though. The trim controls seem not to be working. Everything is set up correctly on my end, though. Also, the little window showing control surface position on the upper left front panel is not reacting. Can someone please investigate?

Also, I would like to hear a little bit more about that old TARSYN system from one of the Devs. Especially concerning those flight conditions when that system starts producing errors or deviations from normal flight attitude (the artificial horizon seems to be quite a bit affected by maneuvering even at 2-3 Gs). Thank you in advance...

Tango, please answer Tango. :D

For trim, it works for my keyboard/joystick mapped commands but I guess you're talking about cockpit switches?

I have the same question as you about the TARSYN errors. Yes, even in a 2G turn, it starts to deviate. Is it really that sensitive?

The vertical gyro system is apparently not a "fighter-type" gyro. It seems to be an item purchased by CASA from the general aviation market. Correct me if I am wrong, though. It has that helpful fast errect fucntion that counters the problem of tumbling after vigorous maneuvering. It the gyro tumbles out of alignment you can easily get it back to normal operation by flying straight & level for a short moment and press that fast errect button.

Anyway, a more detailed TARSYN description would be appreciated...

Hi,

TARSYN is basically a gyro system that can't follow hard maneuvering. There is not much to say except that the heading gyro is slaved to a fluxgate to keep the heading in sync as you fly, though it can also operate in a free gyro mode of operation.

Basically if you fly the aircraft hard, in either roll rate or hard turns, then the ADI and heading gyros will quickly lose alignment.

There are all manner of precession programmed into the system as well.

If real gyros do it, the sim does it. :)

Best regards,

Tango.