Entry Level HOTAS :)

Just to show it's possible to fly DCS with a gamepad type controller, as an entry level solution. Not a perfect traffic pattern, but control with the PS3 Dualshock gamepad is okay. XBox360 controller/similar would work the same way. Would be nice if ED could provide camera smoothing / speed options, and key input value definition, currently not available.

Makes it easier for people to try DCS.

MAC

Settings:

- FW190-D9 Real Mode

- no auto rudder, no take-off assist

- zero wind, turbulence

Hardware:

- MacBook Pro 2011, Win7 Bootcamp

- PS3 Controller dual Shock 6-Axis, axis for pitch, roll, yaw, view; buttons for trim, throttle; ScpDriver

- keyboard for gear, flaps

Edited by MACADEMIC

Ciao Saetta!

As you see I'm not very competitive yet with my equipment, I managed to down the Mustang AI but haven't tried flying against real people yet. Hope I can in the near future :)

Are you flying the Dora? The simulation is fantastic, I really like it. Will do my best to get some of the old friends to join as well...

MAC

Request, could someone with a Steam account please start a topic over there and link the video/this topic?

Can't do it myself, don't have Steam, but noticed some people are interested in DCS and are asking if they can use a gamepad for a start.

Thanks,

MAC