Dr. Mitsos

Most wanted DCS airplane...  

1346 members have voted

1. 1. Most wanted DCS airplane...

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lloyd "Boots" Boothby ... :) couldn't remember so I had to break out the footage.

Here's a voice recording I made with my cell phone. .. don't expect surround sound ;) Lloyd "Boots" Boothby (253kbs) I assumed he was talking about the Eagle but it's unclear. Recorded from Airwars on the History channel.

Because of his combat experience, academic instructor background, and involvement in Project Red Baron and in developing the DACT program, Boothby served as the first aggressor squadron's commander when the 64th Fighter Weapons Squadron activated Oct. 15, 1972.

http://www.torch.aetc.af.mil/department/story.asp?id=123070019

The colonel's team discovered that pilots of multi-role fighters tended to have such a diverse range of missions that they seldom had a chance to master air combat tactics.

.. really :huh:

Lloyd Boothby.zip

Edited by Cosmonaut

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

The good old days Staffan :)

Yeah, didn't have to work 47 hours a week and had far less grey hair ain't that the truth.

Still, ask me again in 10 years and the waiting for BS was a great period aswell, Stilll whatever happened to the DCS: F-14 module :D Hint hint

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

It ain't :)

For one, it's an icon. The most produced mil jet out there. It's a massive engine with a good airplane built around it. LOTS of switches to switch, buttons to press, knobs to turn. Mighty roar that moves your stomach and your heart :) It lands at 300 - 330 km/h. If you don't handle it with care and knowledge, it will spit you out for you are not worthy of such a machine. It shoots devil darts that require lots of skill and lots of praying if you are to hit anything. It's love.

Well...can't argue with that. But I still don't want it. :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

F-15E in DCS would be so sick...have AA and AG superiority at the same time :D

its a mud mover hence the nick name 'Mud Hen' with A2A self defence.

Jag... not much Classified stuff on it... not so sure on the export version though.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

A european fast mud-mover (Harrier II, Mirage F1, Jag or Tornado IDS).

If it has to be american, a specimen of a late 70s/early 80s carrier air wing. F-14A or A-7. The right balance between computers and aircraft, true mens machines in colorfull markings :)

I would be interested in the F/A-18E Super Hornet, although it would be unlikely that they would be able to get the detailed info that ED would want to "sim" this A/C. I'm sure the 18C would be easier for them to get the manuals for. Also, would like to see F-15E, or late block F-16C. I would like to see an American bird that can do BOTH A-A, and A-G. F-15C which I see a lot of requests for is already in LOMAC, plus we need something comparable to the Mig-29 from LOMAC. Just my 2 cents.

Skyrat

Intel i5-2500K @ 3.3Ghz, 16GB, GeForce 780 2GB, MS Sidewinder Precision Pro, Win 7 64-bit.

"The only thing we have to fear...... is GRAVITY! ....and the occasional R-77."

The F-15C in LOMAC is a pale version of what DCS would make of it; and the F-15E can't do a whole lot of A2A (or at least, it isn't tasked to, and it probably won't be much good at it unless the CFT's are stripped)

I would be interested in the F/A-18E Super Hornet, although it would be unlikely that they would be able to get the detailed info that ED would want to "sim" this A/C. I'm sure the 18C would be easier for them to get the manuals for. Also, would like to see F-15E, or late block F-16C. I would like to see an American bird that can do BOTH A-A, and A-G. F-15C which I see a lot of requests for is already in LOMAC, plus we need something comparable to the Mig-29 from LOMAC. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 4 weeks later...