Cant slave the MAV from the TGP SPI

LaLa

Overlay at top shows what I'm doing.

Just want to move from MP to MP and fire a missile.

Using the Youtube video link not working, so just pasted link!

Edited by LaLa
Youtube video link failure!

Maverick should be locked per inch, TMS short forward. Maverick cannot be blocked on a previously destroyed target. TMS has two functions, by pressing TMS forward long and TMS forward-short.

Edited by padonis

SOI is the active HUD window, MFD. HOTAS is used to support many components, SOI shows which one you are using.

Forward TMS has two functions depending on how long you press it. "TNS Forward" briefly press (1s) - you get LOCK Maverick - you can shoot. China Hat also has such functions but you probably already know it.

I highly recommend the Chuck A-10C Warthog Guide https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uSpZROuEd3NHp0SHZoTGpnUDA/view and

table with a description of all HOTAS button functions, dot = short, dash = long https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/599/

I don't know English well, I help myself with Google translator - sorry

Edited by padonis

SOI is the active HUD window, MFD. HOTAS is used to support many components, SOI shows which one you are using.

Forward TMS has two functions depending on how long you press it. "TNS Forward" briefly press (1s) - you get LOCK Maverick - you can shoot. China Hat also has such functions but you probably already know it.

I highly recommend the Chuck A-10C Warthog Guide https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uSpZROuEd3NHp0SHZoTGpnUDA/view and

table with a description of all HOTAS button functions, dot = short, dash = long https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/599/

I don't know English well, I help myself with Google translator - sorry

Thank you so much, I will check them out, your English is fine, no problem! ;-)

Overlay at top shows what I'm doing.

Just want to move from MP to MP and fire a missile.

Took me a while to figure this one out. ;)

It looks like this is sort of a special combination of factors:

• Mav has been locked or ground stabilized
  • MAV display is not visible on either MFCD
  • Mav will now ignore the Slave All to SPI HOTAS command

Can you try to reproduce the situation?

In my tests, I found that either of these solutions should work:

• Select MAV to be displayed in right or left MFCD, then Slave All to SPI
  • Boresight Mav (after that, MAV does not need to be displayed on any MFCD for it to properly follow the Slave All to SPI command)

I did observe you pressing the button labeled "China Hat Forward Long" while the MAV was displayed, and was SOI, however it looks like it was actually just a Short press, not a long one, so you just toggled the FOV instead of Slaving All to SPI.

Thanks a lot for the video, that was very helpful to figure out what was going on here. :thumbup:

Finally, I'd be very interested to know if this is properly modeled in DCS, or if the Mav should always obey Slave All to SPI, even when it is locked/ground stabilized on not currently displayed.

Took me a while to figure this one out. ;)

It looks like this is sort of a special combination of factors:

• Mav has been locked or ground stabilized
  • MAV display is not visible on either MFCD
  • Mav will now ignore the Slave All to SPI HOTAS command

Can you try to reproduce the situation?

In my tests, I found that either of these solutions should work:

• Select MAV to be displayed in right or left MFCD, then Slave All to SPI
  • Boresight Mav (after that, MAV does not need to be displayed on any MFCD for it to properly follow the Slave All to SPI command)

I did observe you pressing the button labeled "China Hat Forward Long" while the MAV was displayed, and was SOI, however it looks like it was actually just a Short press, not a long one, so you just toggled the FOV instead of Slaving All to SPI.

Thanks a lot for the video, that was very helpful to figure out what was going on here. :thumbup:

Finally, I'd be very interested to know if this is properly modeled in DCS, or if the Mav should always obey Slave All to SPI, even when it is locked/ground stabilized on not currently displayed.

Thank you so much for that Yurgon, I will try to reproduce it, and try your suggestions and get back....it will be a few hours, busy right now.:)

One way that seems to work for me!

When I clicked on the China Hat Aft it was a short not a long press, despite clicking on the Long Button, the code behind the buttons is the same, only the length of time the click is held down matters.
Edited by LaLa

You seem to be doing a really roundabout way of setting up MPs to fire on with Mavs.

First why don't you have both TGP and Mav on your MFDs instead of switching between TGP and Mav displays?

1 Set up markpoints with TGP (ensuring AAP STEER PT dial to Mark of course)

2 SPI to steer

3 Mav SOI

4 Cycle MPs using the UFC rocker (which I bind to my arrow keys to avoid using the mouse)

5 Lock target and fire

repeat 4-5 until all units destroyed

by doing it this way you can fire 6 mavs very rapidly, in your videos I am losing track as to what exactly you are doing.

Edited by Dagger71

You seem to be doing a really roundabout way of setting up MPs to fire on with Mavs.

/QUOTE]

Thanx,

I agree, my way is a pretzel!

When flying I like to see the TAD view for situation awareness, but the clumsiness of this technique, situation be damned for a couple of minutes.

I will definitely give it a go!

/QUOTE]

Thanx,

I agree, my way is a pretzel!

When flying I like to see the TAD view for situation awareness, but the clumsiness of this technique, situation be damned for a couple of minutes.

I will definitely give it a go!

Fair enough but once you are in the kill box, at least 75% of your time should be spent looking at the TGP for threats. And it should be on display at all times until your weapons are on safe. The more streamlined your procedures are, the better pilot you will become.

Finally incorporating it all in one vdo.

Thanx to Dagger71:)

After initially placing spi with the HUD, I fine tune the targets location on the TGP then TMS up long to slightly move the SPI.

UFC keys mapped to increment markpoints.

Edited by LaLa
Youtube link not working.

If I had created my initial SPI with HUD in mission mode and slaved TGP to it, then switched to markpoint mode, I wouldnt have to fine tune my SPI with the TGP.

Edited by LaLa
forgot HUD

Dms up/dn with hud soi can also cycle mark points.

1. So are you suggesting: marking all targets
  2. make target in MAV SPI
  3. fire
  4. HUD SOI
  5. increment MP DMS Up
  6. MAV SOI
  7. China Hat Long
  8. lock and fire
  9. rinse repeat

I find this task much more difficult with the mouse than the HOTAS ;-), no muscle memory with mouse.

Edited by LaLa

after you fire a mav, if you press china hat fwd x2 it will automatically soi the mav screen. i like to keep my hands on throttle/stick.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

after you fire a mav, if you press china hat fwd x2 it will automatically soi the mav screen. i like to keep my hands on throttle/stick.

If HUD is SOI you only need to press China Hat forward once to make Mav SOI. Why do you say x2??

Again you can do whatever feels better but I find switching between SOI takes more time and a little trickier than just keeping Mav SOI and cycling through marks.