TGP WHOT BHOT breaking night ground

LieutenantFalcon

Im having an issue with the TGP, here it goes.

Im playing at night, so everything supposed to be black, right? Yes, it is. But, everything being black forces you to switch TGP modes, either to BHOT or WHOT, since the standard mode just won't work well at night. But as soon as I press either WHOT or BHOT (Boat aft of fwd short) the ground just lights up like its day.

As the .png screenshots show, it's night, but the ground appears to be COMPLETELY lit. Aircraft, buildings and ground units are still completely black (making it impossible NOT to spot them). This bug completely ruins my immersion of what's supposed to be night-time flying.

The only ways I know of solving this, are either:

-not playing at night

-completely restarting the game

I do repairs regularly, so that can't be it.

I don't have any mods on. It happens both in single- and multiplayer, and it happens even if I only have the TGP on (see 'tgp bug 2').

:helpsmilie:

unknown.thumb.png.d9814b52229d8b51d68ae10adbdf594d.png

1429039578_TGPbug1.thumb.png.7f2b69e6b6ae87a49309a007dd710b65.png

189551275_TGPbug2.thumb.png.825835aba0b7f35a30da148e7d275334.png

1183043109_TGPBug3.thumb.png.f2d031248211378b381eafdba598817d.png

looks like you have some GFX issues

What system specs do you have?

Just copy pasted from my PC specs settings, playing on a laptop:

8gb ram

Sandisk SSD

Intelcore i5-3120M 2.50GHz

64bit Windows 10

I think I've seen the exact same issue before in the Su-25T with the Mercury pod, but I haven't flown it in ages.

I've never had any graphical issues with any games ever, even when I switched out my HDD to an SSD (which was done professionaly)

Edited by LieutenantFalcon

Just copy pasted from my PC specs settings, playing on a laptop:

Welcome to the club, at least I know I'm not alone. Most likely is related with Intel integrated graphics and some incompatibility. Here you have the response given by SkateZilla when I asked about this some time ago:

GPU: Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000

That's Your Problem,

8GB is the Minimum for DCS, even If that GPU had enough Power to Render DCS, it would use minimum 2GB of the System Memory to do so, dropping your system below the minimum specs for memory.

Integrated Intel HD Graphics were NOT designed to run 3D Applications Like DCS.

You can *Try* to add More System Ram so the Intel HD can Share system ram without sending available system ram below the minimum spec and update the Intel HD Drivers with one's from Intel's site,

But the IntelHD GPU Blocks were NOT designed to run games like DCS.

They were designed to be replace the Intel IGP in the Northbridge PCH (Intel Extreme GFX and Intel Graphics Media Adapter), While giving the Users enough Performance to run smaller 3d applications w/ Entry Level Performance and Hardware Acceleration for Video Decoding.

Intel HD 4000 is a Like Tier 25 GPU, Equivalent to a Entry level 8600GS Released in 2007, which is not enough to run DCS either.

(https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173643)

I get our laptops are not at all designed for high performance, but it would be nice to know what exactly is causing an incompatibility like this only on IR systems, as the rest works as intended.