SAU STABILIZATION Mode

Tango3B

The SAU STABILIZATION Mode is probably faulty. I tried it today and while it DOES stabilize the aircraft in the given attitude by the moment the stick forces are relieved it does not allow me to override AP / AFCS by applying slight pressure on the stick to perform maneuvers / steer the aircraft in that mode. The respective channel should then be overridden according to the real world manual. Furthermore, in that mode it is obviously not possible to trim the aircraft for ascent or descent - at least for me.

Now, the real world aircraft can be flown in exactly that way and also perform any simple or advanced maneuver except the spin. You can even take off and land with STABILIZATION Mode on. The only drawback is that you will have higher stick forces - especially in pitch. And that is why you should disconnect the AFCS, PITCH channel when performing vigorous maneuvers while flying in that mode. Then, only the roll channel is still stabilized. In the Leatherneck MiG-21 BIS manual you mentioned that this mode works by filtering stick inputs. That is correct. But you need to filter these inputs because of the above mentioned possibility to override the AFCS and steer the aircraft yourself.

Any suggestions on that? I would like to hear a Dev on that case. Maybe an answer from Dolphin would clarify that issue. Thx in advance...