• AH-1W Super Cobra
    • AH-64A Apache
    • AH-64D Longbow
    • Eurocopter Tiger
    • Mi-24 Hind
    • Mi-28 Havok
    • Rooivalk
    • Other

I still think we need we AirWolf and RedWolf on the list.

someone made this though we dont see a cockpit too kewl!

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Not tryin to start no beefs here guys...but nobody seems to have caught it yet so ill chime in real quick...

CH-46 and CH-47= Boeing/Vertol or just plain Boeing nowadays.

Btw, my vote would be the Bell AH-1 series helos...

169cdt_Money

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

Any helicopter with a two seat cockpit would be great, as I said in another thread..!

I think a NATO chopper is the best enhancement for the DCS world.

Cant explain myself why they wanna make the A10 the second release.

If it must be a plane, than it would be nice to call the fixed wing birds, while observing the enemy from a hovering position.

But no matter what will be the next release, I hope it wont take long! :thumbup:

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Voted for the AH-64A, mainly for the same reasons other have mentioned. While I'd really love a WAH-64 (Brit Longbow) with much of the radar system still classified it'd be impossible to produce a true study sim.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

As with the jet sims, there have been quite a few sims involving the Apache. The Hind has been involved in far more real world conflicts than the Apache against a variety of targets (armored in otherwise) in a variety of terrain. Imagine the versatility and gameplay options (not to mention the challenge of flying without modern aviaonics).

Probably a reason why the flight sim genre nearly fell out in the 1990's; too many games that rehashed the same concepts. Part gunship, part transport helicopter, part high altitude assault platform, part Septnaz support helo is the way to go.

Edited by agamemnon_b5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

bump:book:

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

thank you everyone for submitting your opinions.

just to be clear: this was not an attempt to state what ED should work on next, but rather a rotory wing opinion poll since there was only a fixed wing poll that i could see.

at any rate, ED apparently knows its target audience well. i believe that the Apache will be the next heli addition to DCS - the poll shows that is what people want next, it seems. after that the next heli addition may very well be the Hind, ya?

cheers...

• 3 months later...

AH-64D for sure as i would be very much interested in the modern systems, but seeing that lot of it is classified and that such a thing will most likely not happen in the next 10 years, i'd go with the A variant.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I voted Apache all the way. I know we'll never get the Longbow, so I have to go with Apache. I would love to see the Cobra as well.

Here is another one I would love to see after watching an hour long special on discovery channel about it. The V-22 Osprey. I think that the capabilities of this airframe are truly awesome. This is something that has definitely never been done in a sim. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Call Sign: Warhammer

I voted Apache all the way. I know we'll never get the Longbow, so I have to go with Apache. I would love to see the Cobra as well.

Here is another one I would love to see after watching an hour long special on discovery channel about it. The V-22 Osprey. I think that the capabilities of this airframe are truly awesome. This is something that has definitely never been done in a sim. :thumbup:

Yeah but what are you going to do with it? Its better off being an ArmA addon.

I love the Longbow.

However, an AH-64D would create an unfair advantage in head-to-head multiplayer sessions with KA-50.

The millimeter wave radar offers superior target acquisition in terms of speed and efficiency. One single sweep with a clear line of sight for the top mounted radar is all you need. You don't even need to put your wingmen in danger by sending them out for visual recon. Once the data is shared among the flight team, all the radar guided hellfire missiles could be launched from behind cover. Throw the FLIR in for all weather and day/night capability and everyone would be rooting for the Longbow.

Edited by Copperhead

Hello guys,

I am flying with BS since few weeks. I am still busy with training mission.

Since 4 days I have build some missions : "Search and destroy".

Believe me, find a tank platoon placed on a hill and hide into the trees is not so easy. Where is the FLIR !!!! It's really missing. Even during the day mission

For me the most beautiful helcopter is the "Hind" but if a have to choose a real helicopter build for combat,I have no hesitation : I want to fly with the AH-64 Longbow !!!!

We want the apache, wa want the apache,...:D:D:D

Have a nice fly

Razorback

Dunno why the 64D is in there. It's still classified. so you'll never see the Longbow done for a very long time.... we're talking years.

ED only works with de-classfied data as they don't want to be guessing as to how an aircraft will perform.

The standard has been set with BS - and I for one am grateful that it's so high.

So I'd edit any poll to realistically reflect what they are capable of doing. Not wishful thinking.

Ah the good ol days of Longbow2. AH-64A Apache it is then.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2