Better performance in MP then SP?

I have the impression that the performance in MP (e.g: 104th) is better than SP. Is this a fact? I don't get it because MP missions do also have a fair amount of AI units, so performance should be comparable.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

104th missions have less AI units than you'd think: the groups are not all active at the same time, they don't move, there's limited AI flights, AND the AI routines that have to be there are being run on the server - not on your machine. Similarly, the aerodynamics and such of each player plane is run on that player's machine, so your machine doesn't have to do that work as it would for singleplayer.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I have the impression that the performance in MP (e.g: 104th) is better than SP. Is this a fact? I don't get it because MP missions do also have a fair amount of AI units, so performance should be comparable.

Client performance in MP is few times better than if you would play the same mission in SP... Fps might not differ, but the CPU load and stutter wise its almost like night and day!

This is because the server handles all the ground units, AI and etc... So yes, you are right in your observation :)

• Like 1

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

I wonder if in future computers could share this load? I mean, 8 or 16 computers is vastly more computing power than just one server. The downside would be increased traffic between all players.

Mission generator could also have some sort of meter that shows required computing for AI (just based on the type and number of AI).

104th missions have less AI units than you'd think: the groups are not all active at the same time, they don't move, there's limited AI flights, AND the AI routines that have to be there are being run on the server - not on your machine. Similarly, the aerodynamics and such of each player plane is run on that player's machine, so your machine doesn't have to do that work as it would for singleplayer.

Client performance in MP is few times better than if you would play the same mission in SP... Fps might not differ, but the CPU load and stutter wise its almost like night and day!

This is because the server handles all the ground units, AI and etc... So yes, you are right in your observation :)

Oh yes.. haven't thought of that! Well.. a reason to go often online! Thx for your answers.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

My settings are around medium with lots of editings in the graphic file. But for me (and I think most) cpu is the bottleneck. With AI controlled by server is almost like flying on an empty map.

Spoiler

And MP missions are played with a low detail visual setting, so people with different computers could have good FPS.

What are your settings in SP?

Most settings in the graphics options in the game options all set by the client, not the server. One big one that is set by the server, however, is the scene setting. This is set to low in the 104th server and some other servers. If you are playing a SP mission with scenes on high, there will be a big difference.

You can override the scene settings manually if you want. For example to have low scenes always, even if the server or SP mission has high scenes then do this...

navigate to ...FC2\Bazar\Terrain\Scenes

backup High.scn

make a copy Low.scn

rename the copy of Low.scn to High.scn

I wonder if in future computers could share this load? I mean, 8 or 16 computers is vastly more computing power than just one server. The downside would be increased traffic between all players.

Mission generator could also have some sort of meter that shows required computing for AI (just based on the type and number of AI).

You mean clustering?