The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

Quick question.

I just got a HP Reverb G2 and want to keep my Rift S connected for a bit.

Can I set the Utility up to launch the G2 when I want to.  Can it be set up such that I can choose which to launch?

Thanks,

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Dear All, 

Sorry for lack of communication, I am currently travelling till after the new year for my job.

All Versions of the Updater files are attached to the bottom of the first post still. (Scroll to bottom), and choose 10-02-2020.1 Zip Attachment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT:  ignore me...answer was in front of my eyes in one of the top bars...

Looking to uninstall all the modules that were on free trial with the app...  Not sure I understand what the tick boxes next to each module actually means or does... seems the only way is to click on the arrow next to each module and then select uninstall.  Is that right?

Edited by Brainfreeze

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

Question about the VR section of the updater: In the application settings tab under VR interface Applications

I see oculusVR client and SteamVR client (I have a quest 2 and a WMR Reverb G2) but the oculus has a ticked box next to it and the SteamVr has an unticked box next to it. 

I cannot tick/untick any of those... not sure what I am supposed to do there and how do I instruct to use one and not the other?

anyone knows?

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

On 1/14/2021 at 9:23 AM, Brainfreeze said:

Question about the VR section of the updater: In the application settings tab under VR interface Applications

I see oculusVR client and SteamVR client (I have a quest 2 and a WMR Reverb G2) but the oculus has a ticked box next to it and the SteamVr has an unticked box next to it. 

I cannot tick/untick any of those... not sure what I am supposed to do there and how do I instruct to use one and not the other?

anyone knows?

Change the "Rendering Driver"

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

@SkateZilla

I recently got a YawVR and have the Oculus quest 2.  Lots of hoops to jump through....  I must start my stand alone DCS with the Steam Renderer.  Thus far, everytime I start, the oculus software and steam software start and the rendering leaves the steam version blank.  I am using virtual desktop also.  Here is a screen shot of my settings, if you don't mind taking a look.

Thanks in advance.  

dcsgui.jpg

On 1/17/2021 at 12:47 AM, SkateZilla said:

Change the "Rendering Driver"

@SkateZilla Ok for that but I am using Reverb G2, i.e WMR + SteamVR and the utility has oculus ticked...and I can't tick SteamVR ... How do I change that?

Ok found this 'rendering driver' under Oculus Rift Driver config.    So this 'VR Interface Application'  section only relates to oculus headsets and is irrelevant for WMR headsets?

Edited by Brainfreeze

On 1/19/2021 at 4:29 PM, Brainfreeze said:

@SkateZilla Ok for that but I am using Reverb G2, i.e WMR + SteamVR and the utility has oculus ticked...and I can't tick SteamVR ... How do I change that?

Ok found this 'rendering driver' under Oculus Rift Driver config.    So this 'VR Interface Application'  section only relates to oculus headsets and is irrelevant for WMR headsets?

I need to change some stuff, originally I only had oculus settings in the app, then steamvr etc, so some settings still have Oculus naming, when they are universal.

the Rendering Driver Setting is a Global VR Settings, if you change it to SteamVR it will check SteamVR and uncheck Oculus, and use SteamVR when launching DCS.

next version it will be moved out of the oculus section.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

I love this app.  Unfortunately, it's not working for me at the moment.  I did a Windows re-install, restored the Save Games directory from backup, and can not longer launch DCS with the GUI, even after deleting the GUI config directory from ~/AppData

It's giving me a "file already exists" error, but I'm not sure which file it's referring to.

Edited by Rex

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

I got it to run, I deleted a bunch of previously-created config directories.

• Like 1

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

Actually, it is a problem.  I have to keep scrubbing my configs to get it to run, which is kind of tedious.

This is what I get when I try to launch DCS from the GUI.  I'm not sure why an already-present config has started making it crash.

I tried making it run as Administrator, but I get the same error.

Does the exception just need to be handled?

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: File already exists.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileSystem.Rename(String OldPath, String NewPath)
   at DCSUpdaterUtility.Form_Main.PRESET()
   at DCSUpdaterUtility.Form_Main.LAUNCHDCSVROFF()
   at DCSUpdaterUtility.Form_Main.Button_LAUNCH_VR_OFF_NEW_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DCS Updater Utility
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.1038
    Win32 Version: 10.2.2020
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Bin/DCS%20Updater%20Utility/DCS%20Updater%20Utility.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.3.23909
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Bin/DCS%20Updater%20Utility/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

dcs_updater_1.png

Edited by Rex

Rex's Rig

Hi,

I would like to add the path for my oculus software but it does not work.

In fact the app is only asking for a path, not a filename maybe that's why.

My oculus software app is there:

"C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe"

But it does not work in dcs updater.

Also, the custom script, does it allow for a custom launch of DCS? For instance, is it possible, and how, to automatically launch simshakers for aviator if it is not already started, then oculus client, and then a custom dcs launch?

I would like to launch DCS with this command line :

"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "S:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe"

This is to be able to launch DCS through virtual desktop.

Is this possible to do that with this DCS Updater GUI utility?

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Afternoon/Morning Pilots!,

Just wanted to reach out and say that I am currently in the middle of a UI change for the app, once that is finished the next update will have all the new campaigns/modules and features etc.

Also I've been updating the forum posts w/ the module ids and dcs version #s.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, dinosmike said:

Hi! I need to lauch DCS with SteamVR how can i do it? Help me please?

f4c371e9bd.png

Under Oculus Driver Config, Change it from Oculus Rift API to Steam VR API.

i may have missed something but i just installed this updater and all the videos or tutorials ive found seem to be an older version of the interface since it doesn't look the  same and i cant figure out how to set up the updater  i click the click here to select a build but nothing happens  and i cant click on anything else other than the gray tabs any help is appreciated EDIT never mind i happened upon where i need to input the path to the dcs directory 

Edited by demaske

9 hours ago, demaske said:

i may have missed something but i just installed this updater and all the videos or tutorials ive found seem to be an older version of the interface since it doesn't look the  same and i cant figure out how to set up the updater  i click the click here to select a build but nothing happens  and i cant click on anything else other than the gray tabs any help is appreciated EDIT never mind i happened upon where i need to input the path to the dcs directory 

Setup and Browse to the Path of the Builds in the Application Settings Tab