F-86F-35 - Additonal Air to Ground Ordinance

Kev2go

Einherjer,

Great mod, just did some testing with the new rockets:

In continuous fire mode they will only fire one rocket from each pod, then you have to mash the fire button again. However it seems that once there are only a couple of rockets in each pod left they will continuous fire.

Once the rocket pods are empty you cannot dump them. When they are full you can.

Great mod, thanks!

Thanks - yes there are some strange behaviors, but all in all its a nice addition (I think )

Maybe belsimtek will add them correctly in the future, but till then it works as a compromise

yea, it is a very nice mod and we'll have a bunch of fun with it. Thanks for all your work on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When using the rocket pods it seems when they fire is pretty random. If you hold down the button it will fire 4 rockets, then there will be a cool down before you can fire more. If you tap the button to just fire one it doesn't fire any. If you quickly hold the button it will fire one, and you will be able to do this again, but then there is another cool down. Do you have any insight on this seemingly random behavior on the rocket pods? Should I be setting anything in my cockpit? Thanks and I understand if these problems are simply because it is a mod.

It's known - the fire command seems to rotate through the stations and counts the remaining rockets... Or something like that.

But there's a strange behavior of the rocket sequence selector switch in the left aftern console - it also counts - holding the pickle makes the switch spinning - maybe that's the problem

• 6 months later...

hmm its interesting that belsimtek is planning on adding the m117 to the F5E tiger 2 yet they still have no intention of adding it to the F86F despite it being part of its actual ordinance

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 1 month later...

Honestly, if they are gonna add any new air to ground, I would like to see a "simulated nuclear bomb" in the same vain as the one for the MiG-21, it would actually give us a reason to use the fully modeled LABS system on the plane that is (as of now) serving no real purpose.

• 3 weeks later...

AS per listed in the manual the 750 pound new generation bomb. the m117.

Found an image. thought i should post.

Again i believe Belsimtek needs to add this, Its already available in game files for AI , and m117s will be available for use in their upcoming F5E module, so adding this for the sabre jets inwards bomb mount pylon should be easy. Thre is no work involved with developing it from scratch. It would pretty much be copy paste effort for Belismtek.

its historical for the sabers to have M117s part of thier available bomb inventory. especially since the m117 actually debuted in korea. not to mention we have a post korean version retrofitted with ability to arm gar8.

0 reason to not have the F86F updated by belsimtek to have the m117 as an additional bomb option.

67th_Fighter-Bomber_Squadron_North_American_F-86F-25-NH_Sabre_52-5506.jpg

wish there was a way of directly contacting belsimtek or grabbing the attention of one of thier devs via email or directly through on the ED forums here regarding this.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Currently DCS World doe not do fire bombs.

yes in the f5e thread someone from bst said that its due to engine limitations Ed on thier part needs to improve fire effects.

because someone pointed out the F5E had incendiary napalm bombs part of its inventroy based on a technical manual source.

so depite the new DCS 1.5/ 2.0 edge engine there are still some limitations, and effects that need improving. :cry:

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

AFAIK it's really only a matter of setting them up the same way you would he hvar. They are essentially a big marking rocket with a phosphorus smoke.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 1 month later...

well BST finally gave sabre its M117.

mods no longer needed.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro