Main menu hangar

Einherjer

LOL that sound track is pretty cool :thumbup:

Here's something I just checked out, you might want to try to get to work, which IMHO would be better than that ugly shelter

attachment.php?attachmentid=188565&stc=1&d=1530102766

This is the inside of the Stennis model (c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\tech\USS John C Stennis\Shapes\cvn74.EDM). Now wouldn't that be cool :D

I tried but fastly took it off, 1- way too dark, 2- door doesn't open i think, 3- way too low-res for my poor eyes.

here's the final stage of the VR Hangar/Hornet module Theme i worked on. Thanks for the original post found here to cue me at first the starting way to do it, things came along after by testing etc..

Step 1: Edit the VR Scene to change the Aircraft: Check

Step 2: Work on a way for animations: Check

Step 3: Change liveries to create a RCAF Hangar: Check

Step 4: Change the menu background: Check

And finaly last night i attacked the last one:

Step 5: Change the music playing: Check

But i didn't just changed the music, i wanted to create an ambiant to the scenery. So i started grabing sounds here and there as what i wanted and start creating a sound montage, which is the second time i do this ever.... the result is pretty much close to what i wanted... all the timeline of each is close too, for now.

Made a hangar ambiant sound as background, then comes along a scramble alarm, with a few seconds after, Hornet in the distance starting up, as the music starts, (one of my song for personaly reasons i used it for this, old but i like it) i jsut didn't put a music just to put a music, so i tried to edit the song, added reverbs etc.. as if it was playing on old speackers hanged around somewhere att he back of the Hangar. Then comes 2 Hornets flyby over the Hangar. All along you can barely ear a Carrier Marshall comms, just for the heck of it and because i love doing Carrier ops.

Here's a few seconds vidéo of the result.

How did you change the main menu?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

How did you change the main menu?

...\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Skins\1\ME\base-menu-window

===================================================================

If anyones interested, my finaly VR Scene is ready to download on the File Section, the package for the F/A-18C Hornet Module Main menu theme comes in 3 different point of views, Human Height point of view besides the Hornet, One with slightly taller view than human height, and one from the Hi-Res Cockpit point of view.

All 3 views kits comes with a customed menu background and music tracks as a hangar ambiant scene. You got 3 different kits one using DCS's USN VX-9 Livery, DCS's Default RCAF Low-Vis Livery and one with my own custoemd RCAF Livery.

INSTALLATION: Folders structures made for Mod Enabler like OVGME, just make sure tou install by pointing it to your Game Folder and not the Saved Games folder, wasn't able to make all of them work by loading there. To use the Theme make sure to click on the Hornet module icon on the bottom and select « Set as Walla Paper », the volume of the track/scene can be adjsut witht he Music volume in sounds settings.

Hope you like it, was quite a learning to set all the stuff and understand in the Scene .lua and doing the sound montage for the ambiant sound, when it comes to photo montage and rtouch it's nothing and i'm used to, but when it comes to vidéo editing or sound, i have lots to learn.

Link to the Mod:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301053/

Edited by Doum76

• 1 month later...
I tried but fastly took it off, 1- way too dark, 2- door doesn't open i think, 3- way too low-res for my poor eyes.

The Doors do open, and elevators move.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...
The Doors do open, and elevators move.

Yeah, i found the Arguments quite a while after in Model Viewer as i was looking for the deck lights, unfortunately was quite a while after i played with a Hangar Scene, i finished it then stop playing around with this, took too much my patience out with the x,y,z's test and fail and reload to make it match :)

Edited by Doum76

• 2 weeks later...

USS Stennis and compliment VR Menu

With credit to all those who posted in this thread before me with the tips and tricks I provide my addition to customized VR menus

I wanted a more lively menu screen to look at and even though I unfortunately do not own the F-18 module I wanted to focus on it and the USS Stennis as my backdrop.

This menu backdrop includes not only several models, but also animation for both the ship and the aircraft.

Animations include (but not limited to):

1. Ship Elevators
  2. Ship Antennas
  3. Ship Screws
  4. "Hovering" SH-60B
  5. "Flyby" of AV8B
  6. Aircraft on Cats spool Ups (wings, JetBlastDeflectors, Burners/Props)

In addition, I animated the camera to do a slow flyby of the deck with a quick return.

Also, time of day is added so hang around long enough and you will see sunsets/sunrises.

I posted up on youtube a 2:00 minute preview of this mod here:

Attached is the zip of the VRScene.lua file

Stennis_VRScene.zip

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
With credit to all those who posted in this thread before me with the tips and tricks I provide my addition to customized VR menus

I wanted a more lively menu screen to look at and even though I unfortunately do not own the F-18 module I wanted to focus on it and the USS Stennis as my backdrop.

This menu backdrop includes not only several models, but also animation for both the ship and the aircraft.

1. Ship Elevators
  2. Ship Antennas
  3. Ship Screws
  4. "Hovering" SH-60B
  5. "Flyby" of AV8B

In addition, I animated the camera to do a slow flyby of the deck with a quick return.

Also, time of day is added so hang around long enough and you will see sunsets/sunrises.

I posted up on youtube a 2:00 minute preview of this mod here:

Install instructions?

Edit: I assume you just drop the Scripts folder in the Scripts/DemoScenes folder.

Yep, very nice bud.

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

1. Ship Elevators
  2. Ship Antennas
  3. Ship Screws
  4. "Hovering" SH-60B
  5. "Flyby" of AV8B

Wow very cool! Thanks mate!

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hey, just saw this thread get updated.

@BoneDust - yep you just drop the file in (sorry, I made the assumption everyone already knows what I know)

@Sirrah - thanks!

@CaptHaltli - yeah, I struggled with moving versus a non-moving viewpoint.... in the end I worked hard to learn how to move the camera and used math and everything so left it in :). Let me take a look tonight and I can post a version where the camera remains stationary.

Glad it is getting some use! I wish I didn't have to "reinstall" the file after every update!

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would like a random viewmod

At one point I almost had this entire thread memorized :). I am pretty sure someone had a scene that would show different/random aircraft each time. Don't remember the details so sorry, you would have to dig through the thread.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How would I rotate the default camera view in a scene?

I've been tweaking

scene.cam.transform:lookAtPoint(-17.0, cam_level , 3.50);

but I don't think it does what I think it does.

Hey Yaga, yeah took me a bit before I understood it also.

Here is how I figured it out:

I built my scene around the USS Stennis and this helped to give me reference.

1) spawn the camera at (0,0,0)

2) do a lookat(1,0,0) and you will be looking towards the back of the ship

3) do a lookat(0,0,-1) and you will be looking towards the left (port) of the ship

4) do a lockat(0,0,1) and you will be looking towards the right (starboard) of the ship

etc.

Make sense? I might have some of the directions backwards, typing from memory.

Basically, LookAt tells the camera where to point so depending on where your camera is currently at will affect your view.

I posted a lua file a few posts above, grab that and take a look at what I did there.

Hope that helps and good luck!

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

USS Stennis StaticCamera VR Menu

As requested, I made another version of my Stennis VRScene menu without the camera movement (can make you sick!). I picked a static spot that I thought was pretty cool. Check it out.

Stennis_VRScene_Static.zip

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just dont understand, why I have to use my HMDR in the menues?

Why ED just doesn't let me do the menue stuff on my 2D-monitor, and just before in the cockpit, I put on my HMDR and use it only, while in the aircraft.

To do MissionEditor stuff with an e.g. Oculus is... causing eye cancer, so, I start DCS in 2D, make all my changes, restart it in VR, just to prevent my eyes of being used too much in VR before the flight...

I don't know, it works in other titles... all except the sim itself is adjustable on the monitor.

But, nice work, btw...

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• 2 weeks later...
As requested, I made another version of my Stennis VRScene menu without the camera movement (can make you sick!). I picked a static spot that I thought was pretty cool. Check it out.

This is great, however, when i try it most of the game menu is obscured by the ceiling of the carrier room the view is in?

WB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks TheThumper, but I also have the same issue with most of the game menu disappearing inside the ceiling. Also, the default view seems to be looking up to much (I tried recenter but it didn't help).

Anyone found a solution for this yet?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hey, Sorry have been busy with work so just seeing this issue. Will take a look today and fix.

I have been using the VR Menu with the moving camera that I posted in an earlier thread :)

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]