Beta period complaining

SharpeXB

I don't recognize the OP's name. He hasn't posted his opinion ad nauseum. Maybe HE hasn't had his voice heard yet. You on the other hand have been heard over and over and over again.

And the last line of your post makes it pretty blatantly clear that you didn't read mine. I flat out said I don't agree with the complaints about progress, so I think it was just put there to egg me on.

Regardless of sharing your position on the topic I would like you to give it a rest too. But I know you won't so I'm done responding to this thread.

Look at the facts. Firstly, no one that has ever purchased a Beta product has any right to complain about deadlines being missed because there are never any specified. You have not purchased a completed module.

Neil, you are saying there, that if one buys a beta, he has no rights whatsoever. No right to expect, or perhaps even know, a finishing date, no right to expect any specific functionality or level of quality - for any amount of time (see first part of the sentence).

And that is where you are wrong, imo. Very wrong. There are still things like "common sense" and best practices in the business (general and DCS specific). Yes, those are not legally enforcable by a customer - but that is exactly why then they are brought up in threads of this forum.

I understand why you are annoyed of repetetive postings of this matter, sometimes I am as well. But I find your arguing in it's generalisation a bit disturbing.

Edited by Flagrum

giphy.gif

Keep Zen everybody. :megalol:

For sure, once everyone had bought a Titan or GTX980, complains will become annoying and not constructiv and everybody will be zen.

I just have a thought about all the DCS fan people that can't afford it because it is 3 or 4 month of work.

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Neil, you are saying there, that if one buys a beta, he has no rights whatsoever. No right to expect, or perhaps even know, a finishing date, no right to expect any specific functionality or level of quality - for any amount of time (see first part of the sentence).

And that is where you are wrong, imo. Very wrong. There are still things like "common sense" and best practices in the business (general and DCS specific). Yes, those are not legally enforcable by a customer - but that is exactly why then they are brought up in threads of this forum.

I understand why you are annoyed of repetetive postings of this matter, sometimes I am as well. But I find your arguing in it's generalisation a bit disturbing.

I am totally with you Flagrum, there has to be a completion at some point. The question that is being asked is one of what is a reasonable time scale and the theme is always one of an entitlement to information that is not even known to the developers. How can they give a date for the finishing point when there are so many unknowns in the process? The projects aren't open ended, but they came with no guarantees of being completed to any set timescale.

I have every sympathy with people wanting to have a fully featured, completed module, and I am just as impatient as the next man to see them.

There is however ,a reality, which dictates the pace at which stuff happens. We have no choice but to wait, because by their very nature, these projects are hugely ambitious, and that dictates how long they take to complete.

Is it ideal that things remain in Beta for so long? Absolutely not. Is it what the developers want? Absolutely not. Are the developers just sitting idly back doing nothing? Of course not. So what more is there to add?

Why is it disturbing to you that I argue in favour of patience, when nothing else will resolve the problem. If one person pushes an immovable object, it won't move. If 10 more people come along in turn, and each, alone, try the same, is that anything short of insanity? All I am saying is it has been pushed, and pushing again won't change a damn thing, it is immovable!

• Like 1

I have to take issue with this point Vincent90. Where a module is still beta it says so. Just beneath the title, at the top of every entry is says either "download version", or "download beta version".

It may not make it abundantly clear that the module is incomplete, I agree, but it cannot be said that it isn't clear which are beta and which aren't.

Then I apologize for that, just checked it and it says so indeed.

I've unfortunately looked over it all this time, although it would be nice to have a same warning on the Steam Store (where I buy most of my modules). On that page, only the Hawk, L-39, Mi-8 and the Huey have some info tucked away in the description that parts from the module are still missing. A single sentence on top, like they do for seperated modules that are included in FC3, would negate a whole lot of disappointment :)

• 1 month later...

I hate to be a big complainer so allow me to now say

THANK YOU! For finishing this magnificent plane! :thumbup:

This "flying legend" is a beautiful product. Many thanks for all your hard work.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5