[REPORTED] AGM65F+TGP locking issue (bug?) - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 07:33 PM   #21
will-

it was just a short video to demonstrate the shaky lines if not in range when undesignating out of range. the diamond in hud is what my tgp is looking at, sorry i cannot find the whole video, only that clip.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:29 PM   #22
MrReynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by will- View Post
after slewing mav to tgp.
soi mav
press undesignate

2 things will now happen. if your within param it will lock the target and nothing more is needed.

if you out of range it will not lock the target and will have to slew.

"Depress to set target, and MAV slews to it. BUT..... I can't undesignate it as a target. Pinky isn't working seemingly (yes i've checked the bindings to double doubt myself)."

so if your not making the mav screen soi that is correct exactly what you stated.
Thanks for trying.
The MAV is SOI.
I can use it with MAV only, without TGP. I know what I'm doing (no offense to you or from me).
Once I put the TGP into the equation slewing no longer works. It's locked to the target point and I can't undesignate.
Slewing to TGP is great. Just the MAV lock is skitty as hell and unusable. (I CAN use it without TGP - honest ;-) )
Parameters in range etc - Just I can't refine my MAV lock by slewing from MAV SOI.

Maybe I'll make a video tomorrow.

Last edited by MrReynolds; 01-13-2020 at 08:32 PM.
MrReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:07 PM   #23
will-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrReynolds View Post
Thanks for trying.
The MAV is SOI.
I can use it with MAV only, without TGP. I know what I'm doing (no offense to you or from me).
Once I put the TGP into the equation slewing no longer works. It's locked to the target point and I can't undesignate.
Slewing to TGP is great. Just the MAV lock is skitty as hell and unusable. (I CAN use it without TGP - honest ;-) )
Parameters in range etc - Just I can't refine my MAV lock by slewing from MAV SOI.

Maybe I'll make a video tomorrow.
as ur the only one w/ this issue, i suggest you post a trk of not having a tgp and mav working.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:11 PM   #24
MrReynolds

For what it's worth here's the track.

At the start you can see my playing with the MAV seeker, moving it about. Setting a waypoint target on and off to see the uncaging going to the waypoint. Turn off waypoint target designate (pardon the wrong acronym) and can slew about like a dream. Everything's fine with that.

Then we move into the TGP bit where it tracks to the TGP lock, but I can't undesignate. I don't know if the track will show, but I do escape to check key bindings and the NWS / undesignate key is set correctly.

Basically it would seem I can't undesignate once I have locked using the TGP. The target diamond doesn't dissapear.

Like I said before in this thread - sure there's a PIBKAC somewhere
Attached Files
File Type: trk Test Mav.trk (1.68 MB, 8 views)
Old 01-14-2020, 09:00 PM   #25
NineLine
Community Manager

Hey guys, looking into it now, thanks for all the tracks and info.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:37 PM   #26
NineLine
Community Manager

Hey all, I have reported this.

The Seeker should slew to the target point when uncaged, but if it doesn't get a lock, such as you are out of range, or just doesn't manage a lock, then it should should move freely, right now it looks like it is trying to continue to slew back to the target point, even when maneuvering, that is what is causing the jitter and the loss of ability to slew it manually.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 01-15-2020, 01:23 PM   #27
MrReynolds

Nice.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:29 PM   #28
Harker
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Hey all, I have reported this.

The Seeker should slew to the target point when uncaged, but if it doesn't get a lock, such as you are out of range, or just doesn't manage a lock, then it should should move freely, right now it looks like it is trying to continue to slew back to the target point, even when maneuvering, that is what is causing the jitter and the loss of ability to slew it manually.
Thanks, NL. Does that also mean that the seeker should stop trying to slew back to the target point if it does manage to get a lock? Because now it keeps trying to do that, even if there's a valid target that it can lock, resulting in it rapidly switching between locked and unlocked states.
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700k, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro 512 GB, 970 Evo Plus 1TB, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum 1300W, Acer Predator XB271HK|Hornet grip on T-50 base, Warthog side-stick, Warthog throttle, TPR pedals, 3 MFDs, MT desk mounts, TrackIR, VAICOM Pro|
F/A-18C, F-16C, JF-17, AV-8B, A-10C, M-2000C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf
Harker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:59 PM   #29
NineLine
Community Manager

Yeah, I already got a fix in, and now it's locking immediately on uncage, which means it doesn't properly slew to the target. So it's still being looked at.

I believe it should slew to the target point if it's in range, and the seeker gets a good look, then a lock should be possible, otherwise, it fails to lock, and you have to slew to adjust and try and get a lock manually.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 01-15-2020, 08:20 PM   #30
Harker
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Yeah, I already got a fix in, and now it's locking immediately on uncage, which means it doesn't properly slew to the target. So it's still being looked at.

I believe it should slew to the target point if it's in range, and the seeker gets a good look, then a lock should be possible, otherwise, it fails to lock, and you have to slew to adjust and try and get a lock manually.
Yes, there should be logic in place that enables the seeker to attempt a lock AFTER it has slewed to the target point, but not during the transition from boresight to target. I don't have any documented info on that but it's the only thing that makes sense.

Look at my previous post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...33&postcount=8.
We initially had logic #3, we currently have #1 into the game, the fix you're talking about takes us back to #3 and we'd ideally have #2 or #4, whichever is realistic.
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700k, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro 512 GB, 970 Evo Plus 1TB, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum 1300W, Acer Predator XB271HK|Hornet grip on T-50 base, Warthog side-stick, Warthog throttle, TPR pedals, 3 MFDs, MT desk mounts, TrackIR, VAICOM Pro|
F/A-18C, F-16C, JF-17, AV-8B, A-10C, M-2000C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf
Harker is offline   Reply With Quote